Tying laces

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Snjstar
Regular Poster

Post by Snjstar »

I have never been one to wear heels, have great problems balancing in them.
Esioul
Power poster

Post by Esioul »

I never really wear heels, but I find it is totally possible to wear fashionable shoes- just flat fashonale shoes!
carrie
Getting settled in

Post by carrie »

high shoes suck ... but find that some of them fit bettwr as i have a high instep
NOTHING MAKES LIFE MORE INTERESTING THAN THE WONDERS OF DYSPRAXIA

(*)CARRIE(*)
SomeT
Regular Poster

Post by SomeT »

I am nearly late to work everyday has it takes me about 10-15 mins to tie my shoelaces and I am nearly 21, lol
keiraknightleyfan27
Power poster

Post by keiraknightleyfan27 »

Snjstar wrote:I have never been one to wear heels, have great problems balancing in them.
Me too. THey are uncomfortable for me as well.
Rory Gilmore (to Lorelai as she leaves for an internship in Chicago): Mom, you've given me everything I need.
Luke Danes (to Lorelai): I just like to see you happy.---"Gilmore Girls" series finale, 5/15/07
arthmelow
Regular Poster

Post by arthmelow »

Solution to laces:

http://www.sayagain.co.uk/b3tapix/images/DSCF0129.JPG

1. No laces ( yay )
2. They have elastic type bits so I can get them on ( yay )
3. They look good with suits or with jeans ( yay )
4. They last forever... however I have back bits worn more
than most people so I get them resoled.
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

Hooray for beautiful shoes!
Danni
Getting settled in

Post by Danni »

These heels- I can't walk in them :P

I'm shuffling- but they still look good ;)

The heel is an inch cube, basically (inch high, inch wide and an inch long). I wore them properly on Sunday- and took them off in the end.

Ah well- I'll look and see if they've got and size 9 flatties ;)
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

I have gone to 'do's' in heels and then taken them off after 1/2 an hour cos my feet hurt or I've fallen over. I tried kitten heels on the basis that they are really low and so easier but no! can't do them either. Bought 2 pairs just to be sure but no! I have a pair of 'old lady' boots with heels from Clarks that have an air cushion under the heel and ball . They are called Springers and I CAN walk in them but it's taken about 2 years practice (at home) and only if I walk slowly. The heel is about 1.5 inches high and nice and fat! they do up with a zip and cost £30 but that was a few years ago.

Bizzare fact I used to be a size 8 and after having kids I'm a size 6 what the hell happened there?

Good luck with the shoe hunt

lol
Liz944
Super poster

Shoes...

Post by Liz944 »

Hi Danni,

I don't know if this helps: M & S do a wide fit shoe, in large sizes in black leather which has a velcro buckle on them - so you don't need to worry about laces. They are okay for casual wear...
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

I seem to remember having a shoelace epiphany in the middle of Sainsburys and showing mum I could do just because I could all of a sudden. I must have been somewhere between 8 and 11.
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

I learned to tie my laces completely differently to everyone else I know, but it works. I don't hold chopsticks properly either. Also I look good in heels but find that I have trouble with balance. Also odd looks. So I don't do that anymore.

I bet I have the best knotwork on the boards :P
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

tying shoe lases was one of the last thing I learned before leaving Infants, as the teacher was fed up of having to tie our shoe lases when the came undone! (as quite a lot of the time I would walk around with the done up, or undone).
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

I learnt when I was between 9-11 years old when I could tied shoe lases
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I only learnt to tie my shoe laces at the start of secondary school as I generally had velcro shoes until then. (Hey! It was big in the 80s, don't knock it!) I learnt the official way to tie them then I learnt an other way to tie when which I've since stuck to.

I learn to use chop sticks a while ago, and having about 6 months of the blasted things imposed on me last year I'm quite proficient now.