Does anyone else here have uncontrolled twitching?

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Iame
Getting settled in

Does anyone else here have uncontrolled twitching?

Post by Iame »

I know it might sound odd but does anyone get twitches and parts of you that jump or jerks in a way? My head likes to fly to the side, usually to the one side more than the other and my stomach jumps in a weird way. It's like a hiccup to look at my stomach when it does it but it's not a hiccup. Sometimes it does it alot or a few days and sometimes it's not too bad.

My arms do it too sometimes aswel. One time I was on the computer using the mouse and it come so bad my arm and the mouse flew up in the air a few inches. My head does it too, more than the other things I think, everyday it goes to the side on it's own. I don't think many people notice because I don't really keep still long enough but my Mam has noticed when I have been round sat by her, and my girlfriend sees it obviously!

It can hurt at times especially if I am more aware of it and am trying to stop it or worried others will see it. It can hurt my neck if I am more tense. I think I do it a bit in bed too because my girlfriend says it makes her jump but I don't think it's as often and sometimes I jump from dreams anyway like most people do.

It does worry me when it comes more often and wondered if it happens to anyone else too?
Osymandus
Power poster

Re: Does anyone else here have uncontrolled twitching?

Post by Osymandus »

Yup , ive been having it a bit more regularly then normal , but i judder up my back . It may be an early for of epilepsie so worth getting looked at ?
Iame
Getting settled in

Post by Iame »

Osymandus wrote:Yup , ive been having it a bit more regularly then normal , but i judder up my back . It may be an early for of epilepsie so worth getting looked at ?
Hi thanks for your reply. I had an appointment yesterday to see a neurologist, unfortunately because of where the hospital was he didn't have access to my notes. He does work at a closer hospital so I've got to wait for another appointment with him at the closer place now. Such a waste of time, not only mine but he could have used that tine to see someone else in need.

Nevermind, at least I know I will be seeing him at some point.
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

I have that problem, but then again I have Myoclonic Seizures as part of my epilepsy, so technically not unexplained...
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
brian
Getting settled in

Post by brian »

Yeah, I sometime have that problem. It is infrequent though.
salems24
Getting settled in

Post by salems24 »

I get small twitches in the form of not being able to keep my body parts such as hands or feet completely still like other people can the best way to visually explain is probably to say that when I hold my hand out flat in front of me it seems like its shaking
lunalovegood
Getting settled in

Post by lunalovegood »

Sometimes, one of my eyelids will twitch if I'm stressed. Also, not sure if this counts as a twitch exactly, but my husband has pointed out that I tend to nod my head when I'm nervous. So embarrassing! I'm not sure how to deal with this problem because if I nod because I'm nervous, then overfocusing on controlling the nodding behavior will only make me more anxious, thus leading to more tics! It's a vicious cycle. Aaargh!
lauraECFan
Power poster

Post by lauraECFan »

Sometimes my eyelids or knees twitch and my head will twitch as well can be really annoying
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Well I have a slight hand tremor that sometimes turns into a twitch for a few minutes and then just stops again.
It can be quite embarrassing when I’m with people I don’t know cos find it hard to explain.
i judder up my back
I do this too, my friend tells me its someone walking over my grave, but sometimes it feels like they must be using a treadmill :) .

I think it may have something to do with the fact that dyspraxia affects our ability to control muscle response
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

oooh I do the twitchy twitch alot!! never occured me to link it to Dyspraxia - i take pronanalol which controls it if it's bad

Best one at the moment is left toes walking around on their own!! it looks WEIRD! seems to me that any muscle at any time can decide to twitch - it;'s also REALLY tiribg after a while and the muscle gets really sore.

Had some VERY interesting tests at John radcliffe which came back clear as a bell is it's nothing nasty - just another one of my quirks.......................and now I wonder if it's a dyspraxic quirk..............not sure how I feel about that............
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

I don't have twitching in particular.

But for the past couple of years I've suffered with what I originally thought was a pulled muscel in my neck & shoulder. Whatever it was originally (and it was horribly painful) these days routinely manifests itself as a knot in my muscles which is almost always is spasam of some kind.

It's affected my life quite badly because for the most part it's stopped me doing the physical activities I like doing to stay fit, and hence I have put on weight, and now the unhealthiest I've ever been in my life. It's throughly depressing.

I've tried supplements like cod liver oil, glucosamine & sulphate, magnesium, calcium and zinc. I've noticed little difference. I'm currently having physio therapy every other week and whilst that's helped a little bit it has yet to get me to a state where I feel comfortable to routinely exercise.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
tillydog
Getting settled in

Post by tillydog »

My legs twitch and kick alot. More so if I'm tired but just normally they're constantly moving. Even at night in bed, they kick out alot! The pain is excruciating when they're really bad.