Things I find annoying

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

NobodyElseWill
Power poster

Things I find annoying

Post by NobodyElseWill »

When someoneo assumes I can't do something and really I really can
People that say that social work/nursing/teaching etc is too above me or that i won't cope.
People say that i should give up on the idea of going to university and get a proper job like everyone else. I already have two jobs as it is and I hate one of them as it is and they are too short term for me. I need a long term career not little crap jobs only aimed at disabled people
People who repeat stuff over and over to me. (I am not thick or retarded)
People who assume I have lots of energy everyday and say your young darling your not 88, stop being so lazy, go to bed early, eat frequently exercise more etc.
1. I am insomniac and it takes me ages to get to sleep even though I feel shattered.
2. Eat frequently - wish but every time I do I feel poorly (nausea and sickness)
3. Exercise more: I do enough as it is. thirty mins to an hours walking every day plus working in an office 20 hours week.
4. The pain also leaves feeling knackered as it is

Friends that don't text me for months and then non stop emailing/txting instant messaging everytime they have been dumped by their boyfriends
Friends who keep telling me every single day about how lovely their boyfriend is
Friends who say do you wanna go out clubbing on say a thursday night when i'm already in my comfys watching a an interesting documentary or drama. Please give me a least a day to prepare, i need my hair sorted, make up done, bit of fake tan and of course choosing the trendy outfit.

Also people who assume I'm tired because I'm depressed: I'm not depressed at all I may have the odd down day where I'm chilling i comfys and I may have the odd whinge/moan/cry because that's because I'm a human being and I am a normal every day person that just happens to have dyspraxia.

& Please realise that timesheets and reflection notes are not always in my list of priorities

People who are moaning in the queue on buses because i have misplaced my bus pass grrrr. [-X
CertHE (Open) Health and Social Care (2009)
Access to Health and Social Care (2009)
KYJ113 Foundations for Social Work Practice (Pending)
Osymandus
Power poster

Re: Things I find annoying

Post by Osymandus »

ROFL i agree with a few of those . The repetition one espically ;).

The being contacted after a time i dont mind , i can wait years for people to return and sometimes love being totaly on my own . But then poeple asking why i dont feel lonley ah me . Peopel need to learn out their own heads before trying to get into others me think ;)
arjline06
New member - welcome them!

Post by arjline06 »

Maybe you still need to be braver nobodyelsewill. No one can help you to change, except yourself. Osymandus was right, we should be patient and hopeful. There are really things that we should learn on our own. You don't have to be affected to others' negative speculations to you as long as you know in yourself that it was not true.
peterkeegan
Regular Poster

Post by peterkeegan »

Hi

There are things I find annoying in work and outside of work:

Being given 6 or 7 jobs to do at the same time even though I have said I can't multi task.

Trying explain something to someone or suggest an idea, people not getting what I meanm then 15 mins later coming out wuith the same idea.

I get the hypersensitivity to noise and seem to wake up at the slightlest sound & feeling tired most times but then cant get to sleep.

Knowing what I want to write but can't remember how to spell the words I want to use or can't remember the words I want to say.

hate waiting in quenes (Food or clothing etc)

playing playstation games and trying to do computer moves that require co ordination.

people passing on loads of information to me in work and I can't process that amount of information and having to ask them to slow right down.

I am sure there is lots more.

Pete
We the willing, led by the unknowning are attempting to the impossible for the ungrateful.

We have done so much with so little that we are now experts at doing anything with nothing.
Grackle
Regular Poster

Post by Grackle »

Hi,
peterkeegan wrote:Trying explain something to someone or suggest an idea, people not getting what I mean then 15 mins later coming out wuith the same idea.
Yes! This happens to me all the time at work - and I rarely get the credit.

I hate being rushed.

I don't like being told what I can't do. I will decide if I can do something or not, thank you very much.

I wish that people would ask me if I need help rather than taking over when I am doing something awkwardly.

I find it annoying that people think that there is always a right way and a wrong way to do things (and they usually think that I do things the wrong way). If it works for me, it is the right way!

What a good topic for discussion. I found it cathartic to write all this down :grin:.
Grackle
Osymandus
Power poster

Post by Osymandus »

"I don't like being told what I can't do. I will decide if I can do something or not, thank you very much."

Oh this is such a good one , sadly espically younger peopel have such a low self esteem it can be very easy to listen and just go with a trusted authority figure or more learned person. And how people say they know you better then you do your self . Such a agggh . oh so annoying
Catwoman42
Power poster

Post by Catwoman42 »

Being told what to do...hate that!
Queueing- aaargh!
Background noise when am on the phone.
Forgetfulness
Evasura
Power poster

Post by Evasura »

losing things, even thoggh it happens all the time, I still find it really frustrating. And even worse when people tell you that it is because you don't care about them and that's why you loose them. AAAArrrrggggghhhhh!
Eva in London
Evasura
Power poster

Post by Evasura »

touchpads.incredibly annoying.always touch onthe botton i don't want or the botton doesn,t respond until i,ve touched it 5 times with increasing annoyme.nt.a friend says i hv 2 touch it softly,but when i try this,apparently i touch it too softly and the thing doesn't feel it.can,t work the thing out!and let's not talk about dragging stuff or passing slides! ](*,)
Eva in London
NobodyElseWill
Power poster

Post by NobodyElseWill »

I also find the light/noise sensitivity very annoying at the moment and somedays a normal house light can feel like I have dipped my eyes in bleach or chlorine other days a lamp can be too physically demanding. I also cut down on the use of my computer, texting and watching tv but nothing has worked. anyone got any suggestions as i don't want to be wearing my sunnies in the winter.
CertHE (Open) Health and Social Care (2009)
Access to Health and Social Care (2009)
KYJ113 Foundations for Social Work Practice (Pending)
Evasura
Power poster

Post by Evasura »

oh forgot about lights! of course! I hate, I loath, I despise, I can't stand fluorescent lights. Well, I generally hate all lights hanging from the ceiling (is this dyspraxia? madness? plain weird?). I like dim table lights, but anything coming from the ceiling makes people look spooky. But the very worst are fluorescent lights.
Eva in London