Tips on getting around easily

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Tips on getting around easily

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

I would like some tips on getting around an un famililar place or town/city?
I have difficulty in distinguishing my left from my right when I have to get to a place so I may take the wrong direction. I also have difficulty in memorising and studying the streets and buildings while moving quickly on a very busy street and quick moving traffic.

I also have difficulty in understanding maps and knowing when to turn them around.

Sometimes when someone says we are going straight, it looks like we are taking a right or left when I look at the way the roads are formed.

My goal is to get employment in another county or country If I decided to go to a another county or country because I prefer the jobs over there or my career is not available in my local area.

My short term goal is to attend a course in another or different county because I believe that there are more courses because my local area is small or because there are more subjects and sections included on the course but there are not as many or don't have any of the subjects in my local area that are on the other course in a different county but the name of the course is the same.

I have a learning disability but I know my way around my own local area - my town so it just takes practice.

I always strive for independance.

Is there any tips that you can give me to achieve this goal please???

Thank you..

WB....
Amy Conway