Internet Shopping

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Remus
Regular Poster

Internet Shopping

Post by Remus »

Anybody here do internet shopping and if so, what sites do you use? I use two. Amazon, I have used quite a lot because I find it quite cheap and just very easy and the second is Ebay which I recently joined up too and had my first delivery come the other day, some movie postcard for the movie, Twister as I am super fan of it, love it. Bit nervous first time though.

I'm thinking about getting my mom's presents for mother's day online because I basically don't have the time to go out shopping.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Re: Internet Shopping

Post by Lady Fluff »

I shop more online than offline I think, apart from groceries!
I use amazon for loads, mainly because I do lots of online surveys and plenty pay out in amazon vouchers, so I'm effectively getting stuff for free - I haven't spent my wages on birthdays and Christmas presents for 18 months now (helped as a colleague buys amazon vouchers off me for cash). I also use some other gifty sites out there like Firebox, and sometimes play.com for when amazon lets me down with stock!
I use various different sites for pet related stuff, depending on where has the best offer on.

As I don't drive, it's so much eaiser getting big stuff delieverd to home!
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
laurajm
Getting settled in

Post by laurajm »

I use play.com it's great it has everything and I also use HMV and Woolworths.co.uk
Creative
Super poster

Post by Creative »

My Mum buys me books of play.com.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

We've recently starting buying our groceries online. I can't stand most supermarkets due to their harsh lights, noise and crowds, so being able to buy the same things without the supermarket experience is a big improvement. It's also helped cut our weekly food bill significantly.

Dan
NobodyElseWill
Power poster

Post by NobodyElseWill »

I hate supermarket shopping as well as it can be overwhelming with busy people, very noisy and of course bright lights i used to work in my local Somerfield and it was ok but i would never work for a larger store it would be too much for me. But I do find when I go supermarkets always make sure I go when it's less busy or mainly tke my ipod along so it doesn't feel too bad. I also like to shop online and mainly buy stuff off amazon, tesco direct and hmv.

Ellie :cool: :banana:
CertHE (Open) Health and Social Care (2009)
Access to Health and Social Care (2009)
KYJ113 Foundations for Social Work Practice (Pending)
peterkeegan
Regular Poster

Post by peterkeegan »

Alaways go shopping when its quieter just means you need to find that out when that is and try stick to it or shop on line
We the willing, led by the unknowning are attempting to the impossible for the ungrateful.

We have done so much with so little that we are now experts at doing anything with nothing.
Remus
Regular Poster

Post by Remus »

My sister does her groceries online but she is thinking about stopping it as she always find her eggs are cracked or broken.

Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute G. B. Stern