Hair care

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

nininutter
Getting settled in

Hair care

Post by nininutter »

Hi
thought this would be an interesting post.
I have always had a problem with styling my hair. hairdressers for years have tried to show me how to use a straightener or a hairdryer and i just can't manage them with a brush as well. The result ends up as a frustrated mess with lots of kinks and frizz. i am so fed up of trying to style my hair and it always looks straggly.

Does anyone have any tips? Do others struggle with their hair?

Thanks ](*,)
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Re: Hair care

Post by Lady Fluff »

I;m lucky in that I have fine poker staight hair naturally, so I tend to just wash my hair and leave it, no blow drying or anything.

This is very fortunate, as I struggle to put my hair in a ponytail, so anything complex would be a nightmare!
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
nininutter
Getting settled in

Post by nininutter »

I bet.
my hair has annoying kinks in the sides and fringe, so anything i do makes it look scruffy.

how lucky you are lol
krackerz1590
Getting settled in

Post by krackerz1590 »

i would love to straighten my hair daily like other girls my age or use makeup but i can due to my hand - eye co ordination i struggle with fine motor skills
krackerz1590
Getting settled in

Post by krackerz1590 »

i've now learn't how to brush my hair still my wrists are weak and get tired quick but it's all bout practice just so annoying and frustrating though
Evasura
Power poster

Post by Evasura »

I wear my hair very short, but I always ask the hairdresser to do something fun so that it doesn't look just plain butch short. As it's very straight I don't do anything but wash it and go! people tell me that my hair style is very original (I have one side longer than the other) - go for the short!
Eva in London
Catwoman42
Power poster

Post by Catwoman42 »

I agree! Short, spiky hair all the way
Osymandus
Power poster

Post by Osymandus »

Try this , my other half was looking for one as she has ME http://www.squidoo.com/remove-tangles-w ... gle-teezer . And they are supposed to work ??
philip banham
New member - welcome them!

Post by philip banham »

in this repect im quite lucky being male as i can shave it off! this is done mainly as everyone at work used to joke about the random stiky upy bits i used to go into work with, but at 6.30 in the morning no amout of flattening seemed to work!
Love it or hate it, this is me.
NobodyElseWill
Power poster

Post by NobodyElseWill »

I always find i am ok co-ordination wise but when my arms getting very knackered especially in the morning and also because i have a horrible rib pain and sometimes my shoulders ache it's takes me a lot longer but i am ok when i am walking.
CertHE (Open) Health and Social Care (2009)
Access to Health and Social Care (2009)
KYJ113 Foundations for Social Work Practice (Pending)
Alice
Getting settled in

Post by Alice »

I have loose natrual curls (wow, that sounds so much nicer on paper), so I just go with that. I shower in the evening, comb it through, and go to bed with it wet so it's not drying with weight on it. If it's a really special occasion, I might even scrunch in some mouse before going out.
Xistens
Getting settled in

Post by Xistens »

I have the same problem. I can´t use a straightener, I always burn my ears or my fingers. I wish I could make some nice hairstyles but I can only make a hairstyle with fringe or a "ball" at the top of my head. The last thing is difficult, but I usually make it if I do it slowly and if I have a lot of time so I can do it over and over again until I´m staisfied.
NobodyElseWill
Power poster

Post by NobodyElseWill »

I find that now weather is warmer i can go outside with wet hair and i don't have to worry too much about it. of course if i had meeting then i woiuld definitely make sure it's dry and very presentable. But on most days so long as it's brushed and looks neat i am fine. I don't really bother with hair accessories or styles simply because i don't have the time in the morning.
Catwoman42
Power poster

Post by Catwoman42 »

I'm so glad others have mentioned the weak wrists/arms thing. I thought it was just me. i bake and have to bake in small batches as my wrists get sore from mixing. I love this forum!
NobodyElseWill
Power poster

Post by NobodyElseWill »

I find the stretching quite painful it may be related or maybe something completely different yet on my good days i can pick up the kettle with no problem but on my bad moments i can't.