Exhausted from work

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

CarlJazz
New member - welcome them!

Exhausted from work

Post by CarlJazz »

Hi, everyone I'm new to this group and am trying to find out as much as I can about dyspraxia as I was only diagnosed two years ago, does anyone feel extremely exhausted after an 8-9 hour day of work? I'm usually standing all day and find that my joints and muscles really really ache which requires me to rest for a few hours when I get home.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Exhausted from work

Post by Tom fod »

Hi Carl and welcome

Should have responded sooner.

I often wonder/6 feels it's down to having to put in more physical and often mental effort too.

Telling your GP may be appropriate but will leave you to decide if that is appropriate.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
jelly1000
Getting settled in

Post by jelly1000 »

I'm often exhausted when I come home from work too. I'm fortunate at the moment to live with my parents who cook dinner for me, because I rarely have the energy to do anything that requires standing up until after I've eaten!
Wish90
Getting settled in

Post by Wish90 »

I'm knackered all the time I only have to do about 3 hours work!! Think it's because my brain has to work so hard.
Wish90
Getting settled in

Post by Wish90 »

Well normally 10 hour day but feel knackered after 3 hours is what I meant to say.
allesandro
Power poster

Post by allesandro »

I think anyone would be exhausted after standing on their feet for 8 hrs. a day, don't you? Maybe your being too hard on yourself. Dyspraxic or not, you're only human.