Anyone need mobility aids?

Cooking, finances, shopping and any regular tasks that are challenging

Moderator: Moderator Team

Susan69
Getting settled in

Anyone need mobility aids?

Post by Susan69 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:58 pm

Does anyone else use mobility aids? I find 2 crutches really hard to co-ordinate but don't always have the balance (depends on how uneven the ground is) to manage with one and though rollators are fine where its flat and level they're hard work on uneven surfaces also. I have to use a wheelchair if I'm been taken out shopping for a few hours and use a mobility scooter to walk my dog around the area as I couldn't manage the amount of exercise he needs. I also have circulation issues (legs swell and veins come up - seperate issue) and flat feet that get really painful to walk on.

I wondered if the walking poles would be easier to use two of and wondered if anyone used them? or any remedies to ease painful feet please?

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Anyone need mobility aids?

Post by Tom fod » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Sorry for late reply We’re all affected differently and may also be affected by other non related or indirectly related conditions. I think this question might be better answered by an OT and/or your GP or possibly a Podiatrist
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)