Writing Essays in a time frame?

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

eeepower
New member - welcome them!

Writing Essays in a time frame?

Post by eeepower »

Anyone find it hard to write essays in a reasonable time frame?

Dyspraxia affects one in many ways. I have been unable to catch ball etc especially when younger.

The big area of challenge is getting Essay work done. Bibliographys drive me silly.

Anyone else like this?
eeepower
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Essays always result in at least 8-9 drafts....

I cheat with bibliography's and find one good reference paper and use some of the relevant papers.... ;)
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

essays are awful for me. I stressed so much over my most recent one on the first part that I left hardly any time for the second part. It took about 9-10 drafts to get it to where I want it to.
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

One of the main reasons i'm doing a maths degree is that there are no essays. (well that and i like maths, for that).

So right now essays arent a big problem for me. I havent written one since sixth form, now in 3rd year of uni. Although they were never something i liked at sixth form. my biggest problem was always that i just wrote what i thought as i thought it. And could never understand how to plan it. so to the reader/marker ithey were difficult to understand aparently
ettezus35

Post by ettezus35 »

the time frame is not the problem for me; its coming up with the ideas
is real hell, how can i write 2000 words when i have trouble with one sentence
Where did dyspraxia come from
Where did I put that?
Getting settled in

Post by Where did I put that? »

I will probably be late for my own funeral so writing an essay in th egiven timeframe is almost impossible for me.
"I only want to live in peace, plant potatoes and dream!"
joeswinn

Re: Writing Essays in a time frame?

Post by joeswinn »

Complete essay in a time frame is a tough task to me. Last time I got help from an online essay writing service

URL removed by moderator and user warned.
yetanotherusername

Re: Writing Essays in a time frame?

Post by yetanotherusername »

I am in the second year of a Open University psychology degree, this is how I found out I had dyspraxia due to an adult learning assessment after serious exam problems last year. I passed the resit, but I wrote in block capitols the second time.

Essays on time is such a difficult thing. The references / bibliography is especially difficult. Out from my 6 essays last year I managed to get the referencing right - once. It took me longer to copy down the references than it did to write the damn essay! I ended up getting extensions on all but 1 of the essays last year also, am really hoping that trend can reverse this year.

Its like so exhausting to take notes, then wrangle the notes into the essay plan, and then get the references down. it leaves me psychically exhausted. Up till this year I didn't even take notes or make an essay plan, used to write my essays straight from the reference material, this lead to some seriously variable marks.

I now have one due in 8 days, I have made relevant notes. I have structured an essay plan, but now transferring the notes into the relevant sections of the plan, I just look at it and feel tired. Hell had to lie down for an hour today after just reading the notes and the plan and trying to think how I was going to transfer the notes into the essay.

I would not recommend getting help from an essay writing service. So we have to work 4x harder or more for the same results sometimes? But if your trying to get a degree that could lead to a profession your selling yourself short going on that route. We have difficulty's encoding information for direct verbatim recall, but we can encode. It just takes bloody ages. Once we have a system down however! Getting essays written for you will deny you needed information.

But with one last year that was Really doing me in I did find an example essay, I did not directly plaugerise it, but it helped me to see how the guy had structured it and kickstart my brain a little in terms of writing mine.