PGCE

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

eoakley
Regular Poster

Post by eoakley »

HI
I have just found out I have got another interview on the 25th of feb this is my third choice. its the closest to home so that will be good and i have 21 days to prepare unlike last time

Emma
eoakley
Regular Poster

Post by eoakley »

Hi
just a quick update I went for the interview last monday which i didnt think went too greatly. i have just found out that i have been accepted so will become a teacher soon.
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

Hi emma. well done on getting a place - the interview must have gone better than you thought if you got in! :) Lucy
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Well done. Good luck with the teaching!
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

Urrgh.

LEsson plans and unit plans.

I have all these ideas and my head is a whirl of images and snatches of thoughts and I can't focus.

So this word document has sat empty for the last hour while I sit here and fret over what I want and why I can't seem to think it through.

](*,)
"You don't get anything worth getting by pretending to know things you don't know."
~ Sam Harris.
Where did I put that?
Getting settled in

Post by Where did I put that? »

^ :lol: I know the feeling. I am talking with my head of department about trying to find a way of presenting a lesson plan that works for me. It really is futile to write a lesson plan that makes little to no sense to me, which is what I am currently doing. I'm looking at maybe making it more like a brainstorm or something.
"I only want to live in peace, plant potatoes and dream!"
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

I've got to use pro-forma - it's a requirement.

it's not that I was worrying about it so much as was piecing together this jigsaw of multiple bits of information I had swirling around.

Basically I've got a really good idea for combining literacy and science for my placement for a two week period. I can explain how it covers all the curriculum objectives and how it will all interlink and be mutuall self-supporting, creative and so on - but then I come to write it down and it's like I don't know where to begin or how to justify that bit without talking about that bit first and then i start to worry have how am I making sense.

and then I *really* got to pieces.

As usual (bright kid shame we can't read what he writes) all my ideas are trapped up here and I'm stuck trying to write them down in a way that makes sense.

-----------

Have made some progress this morning and got some stuff written down but I am really unsure whether it holds up on paper as well as it does in my head and am critically unsure that it makes sense in the way I want to convey my ideas

This is how it always is. Doorframes Of The Mind. Thump, crash, stubbed toe, black eye. ](*,)
"You don't get anything worth getting by pretending to know things you don't know."
~ Sam Harris.