UCAS applying 08

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

GWhizz
Regular Poster

UCAS applying 08

Post by GWhizz »

Hi everyone and i'm back after a loooong absence away from dyspraxic adults. I am beginning to fill in my UCAS application form and I'm stuck I am thinking about a degree in Drama possibly with film and television studies or with creative digital media. I don't know which yet. I am filling in the form at home online and it's a slowly lonely process. I am looking at Aberystwyth University and Worcester so far. It is all I can think of these days and can't take my mind off it It is like this big curtain that is haunting me and i'm in way over my head in it all. the support at both universities is very good it seems but i am stuck in the minuthey
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf
eoakley
Regular Poster

Post by eoakley »

Hi
I am currently in my third year at university in plymouth
my advice to you would be to just pick one of your subjects you want to do but go to a university where they do the others then you can always change your course once your there at uni if you dont like it.

When I was choosing universities I went to worcester I liked it because it was quite small which would mean easy to find way around. The support team there were very helpful.

good luck
Emma
Lady Fluff
Power poster

Post by Lady Fluff »

Aberystwyth is amazing, and I spent four fantastic years there! I have a dyspraxic friend who's there now and he also loves it! The Drama, Film & TV studies department is really good, strong reputation - although I didn't study that myself, several of my friends did, and some of the lectures whom I have met are fab people!
The drawback with Aber is its isolation - but for me that was part of its appeal! I don't now about car times, but on the train it's 3 hours to Birmingham, and 4 hours to Cardiff (as my partner was at uni n cardiff when I was in Aber, I got very used to that journey, and Shrewsbury train station is the coldest place on earth!). The nearest town that's any bigger is Shrewsbury, which is 2 hours away.
It has lots of pubs, if that's your thing, but not much in the way of 'big names' in ntertainment. You'll get the odd thing at the Arts Centre or Student's Union that you might have heard of, but it's such a briliant place in my mind that you don't miss out on a great time just cos there aren't big bands playing every other week like you get at some of the bigger unis.

Anyways, that's my inherently biased opinion. I'm quite happy to rant about Aber for weeks and weeks - if I could speak Welsh and could get a non-retail job as a result, I'd still be there, and I hope to go ack some day! Any questions about it, then just ask! \:D/
"I will not be bound by what they tell me I can be; I will not stay silent, I will speak my liberty" (Kendall Payne)
GWhizz
Regular Poster

Re: UCAS applying 08

Post by GWhizz »

Yay I got 3 unconditional offers from

Aberystwyth
Oxford Brookes
Reading

now next to do

Apply for student loan eeek!
Accomodation

and dsa

apparently aber has a access to learning fund though working this out to get all this is hard and frustrating :ball: :bike: #-o [-o< :Eek: :boxedin: :*(
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you - Gandalf