Presents!

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lithium_joe
Power poster

Presents!

Post by Lithium_joe »

Okay I exaggerate - but today the recommendations of the dyspraxia assessment were delivered unto me by mysterious benefactors. To whit:

A HP Deskjet 4260 Printer. (Very nice)

A digital recorder for lectures. (still have to figure out recording at a distance but all seems quite reasonable)

A mind-mapping software for constructing essay plans. (Had a bash at that - quite easy to use)

and

Another bit of software that reads out to you text you've written - a sort of emergency proof reader. Quality of speech is somewhere between say, The Speaking clock and Professor Stephen Hawking.

Also had my first 121 dyspraxia meeting to go over essay plans. Only an hour long but all bought and paid for by the DSA award, and I feel will be productive, informative and quite necessary as the year goes on.

LJ \:D/
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

It is good that the items you need for uni have arrived....

Definiately agree with you about the quality of the voice on the text reader..... it grates if you have to listen to it for long enough...

If you find a better voice can you let me know? Thanks...
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Re: Presents!

Post by Lucy_Rush »

Lithium_joe wrote: A digital recorder for lectures. (still have to figure out recording at a distance but all seems quite reasonable)
A friend of mine uses a recorder for lectures - as the lecture rooms have a table at the front, the lecturer lets him press record and put it on there on his way into the lecture, then pick it up after. Because its closer it records a bit clearer apparently, and he just cuts off the before and after general noise bits either side of the lecture at home. Or you could just sit a bit nearer the front or something i guess.

Lucy