College

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

gherkin001
Super poster

College

Post by gherkin001 »

Im restarting College on September 11th to do forensic science as I wish to eventually become a forensic pathologist.

I was just wondering if i should tell them about the dyspraxia? They have to know about the epilepsy because I could have a seizure at any time, but do i need to inform them about my dyspraxia as well?
DySpRaXiA dOeSnT mAkE lIfE hArDeR, jUsT mOrE cOmPlIcAtEd.
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

I would say yes (but only if you are happy to do so...) as you can get extra help at college e.g. extra time for exams, dictaphone to record lectures, laptop to do coursework, programs to help you do your work e.g. Mindmap etc
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

Ok thanks I appreciate it.
gherkin001
Super poster

Post by gherkin001 »

My start date at College has been moved forward to monday!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im scared silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the doubts are coming back... Ive been out of education nearly 4 years everyone else on the course has been out of it for only 6 weeks... nothing has fundamentally changed for them whereas its a different ball game for me... everything i knew when i left school Ive forgotten now... The course involves a lot of mathematics and I have dyscalculia ..... that topped with the last time I had to do any form of maths means im behind before i even start....

Does anyone else think im making a major mistake in going back to college now? Shouldnt I have done it years ago when I still knew what I was doing? Please any words of advice and comfort would be greatly appreciated about.... NOW!!!! I feel so confused lost and absolutely petrified.... to make matters worse my baby is due on xmas day... I know we decided that Clive would go part time at work so he's home when im in college to look after our child but this still has me worked up.... Please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kirsty.......