Final uni exams

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Esmelee
New member - welcome them!

Final uni exams

Post by Esmelee »

Hello I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed with dyslexia and dyspraxia 5 years ago. Does anyone else’s dyspraxia get 10 x worse with nerves... I can’t stop falling over, banging in to things and forgetting everything at the moment, my head feels like a whirlwind. I am putting the stress down to my final uni exams next week, finding revision very hard as easily distracted and can not seem to focus on one thing. I am very worried I’m going to go into the exam blank headed and my mind will drift on to something not relevant.
Any tips or advice would be great
Thanks guys
Esme
Dan
Power poster

Re: Final uni exams

Post by Dan »

Esmelee wrote:Hello I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed with dyslexia and dyspraxia 5 years ago. Does anyone else’s dyspraxia get 10 x worse with nerves... I can’t stop falling over, banging in to things and forgetting everything at the moment, my head feels like a whirlwind. I am putting the stress down to my final uni exams next week, finding revision very hard as easily distracted and can not seem to focus on one thing. I am very worried I’m going to go into the exam blank headed and my mind will drift on to something not relevant.
Any tips or advice would be great
Thanks guys
Esme
I definitely find that it gets worse with nerves, yeah, and it's not as if Dyspraxics aren't likely to be anxious people, so it sucks. :( In terms of advice for dealing with it, I tend to find that changing activity helps to take my mind off things, but that could be specific to me. If that's not available, I've heard that 'mindfulness' can be effective for some people, which is some technique that relaxes you. It might be worth reading about that?
RobertHamrick
New member - welcome them!

Re: Final uni exams

Post by RobertHamrick »

in terms of advice for dealing with it, I tend to find that changing activity helps to take my mind off things, but that could be specific to me. If that's not available, I've heard that 'mindfulness' can be effective for some people, which is some technique that relaxes you.