Results.

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Results.

Post by Lucy_Rush »

hi everyone. I haven't posted here much recently as i've been at home suffering from temperamental-internet-itus. But i'm back at uni now as i started a placement in a school today.

I also got my exam results this afternoon. and am relieved to say i passed everything! :D even though my results were extremely varied (in one algebra module i got 51% [my lowest score] but in another algebra module i got 89% [my highest score]), i got 72% i.e. a 1st overall. :D

a very unexpectedly happy ending to the afternoon!
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

well done lucy, out on the town tonight to celebrate is it?!!

hope they were the results or better than you were expecting as well.
robyn

Post by robyn »

congrats, you should be proud
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Excellent news! I hope you're going to celebrate / treat yourself.
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Sounds like one hell of a win to me :D
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

Thanks guys. They certainly were a pleasant surprise as was much better than i expected. :D Hope things are going well for anyone else who's still studying. Lucy
eoakley
Regular Poster

Post by eoakley »

Hi Lucy
Congrats on your very good results you should be proud of yourself.
How is the placement going?

I am eagerly waiting to find out if i have passed my exams and the last 2 pieces of coursework which i handed in, I find out on the 16 of july in an email so thats not too long now I just hope its good news fingers and toes crossed.

Emma
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

hi emma. thanks. i hope your results are good when you get them. 16july isn't far off - thats only like just over 3 weeks off now. :) good luck for them - i would keep my toes crossed for you but i'd most definitely fall over so i won't bother if its ok lol!.

my placement is going ok. some days i love it (like today) and some days i hate it (like yesterday). but overall its going alright so far, and hasn't completely put me off the idea of doing a PGCE.

its in a school, and because yrs 10, 11, 12, and 13 are not in right now theres hardly any maths lesson on, which means that most of the time when i ask if theres any lessons i can observe i'm told "not right now - why don't you go sit in the staffroom for a while". which i don't mind, because i understand theres no lessons, but it just gets a bit boring sometimes. like yesterday i arrived at 8:15. sat in the staffroom doing nothing till after break (11:10ish). went to 1 lesson where the pupils were just doing an exam. then was told thats the only maths lesson for today. so i told them i'd go and work on my assignments at home and left.

today was great as the year 6's weere in on an induction day. i attatched myself to a form and tracked them for the day. also rather than just being sat in a corner observing i could get involved and do stuff - within a "classroom assistant" role rather than an "invisible observer sat in the corner" role.

its back to the staffroom tomorrow though as yr 6's aren't in again. will make sure i've packed a good book in my bag to read lol!
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I got merit for my coursework, so just now need to know the exam which is someime in July.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
david456
Power poster

Post by david456 »

Well done.

I have passed my course! I got a merit, which I'm happy with, as I was the youngest there.
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

Well done! Good luck to tose all waiting exam and any kind of results.

Luv Meg
Xxxx
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

hey well done meg + david :D
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

hi guys. i'm still on my placement but am on my last week now. :D I have to teach my first full lesson tomorrow. (scary thought!!)

I have to teach a lesson on 'why you should go to university' to 30-odd 11/12 year olds who've never heard of uni. So it could be interesting!

Am looking forward to it really, whilst also dreading them all running riot on me or something lol. Kids are always naughtier for students than for proper teachers and these aren't the most angelic kids anyway normally!

Anyway - i'm sure i'll survive - how much trouble can they possibly cause in 50 minutes. Hopefully i'll also come out the other end thinking "i want to teach" cos otherwise i've gotta start thinking of a career for myself!!

Lucy.
Carpe Veritas
Getting settled in

Post by Carpe Veritas »

Congrats and good luck!
Always be obscure, clearly
eoakley
Regular Poster

Post by eoakley »

Hi All
I got my results for the year yesterday and was quite happy with them
I have got a 2.2 overall for this year.

hope everyone is fine and enjoying the summer.

emma