Dyspraxia and maths

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

zedgonewrong
New member - welcome them!

Dyspraxia and maths

Postby zedgonewrong » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:19 pm

I struggle massively with handwriting and have frequently found myself penalised in maths exams (which I can't type) because of numbers being indistinguishable from each other etc. I was wondering if anyone knew of any way to type maths, I suppose, or a program that made symbols easier to access or something. Since I'm going on to study maths this is a bit problem that has impacted me badly up to now and I haven't been able to find anything that doesn't also solve calculations which wouldn't be allowed in an exam.

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Dyspraxia and maths

Postby Tom fod » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Maybe a mind mapping or some sort of application that works like a virtual chalk board but that allows input via a standard keyboard/keypad

Guess you'd still be accessing using a laptop or poss a tablet but they have to give you the benefit of the doubt that you won't try to cheat
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

Return to “Studying”