Exams tomorrow.

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lithium_joe
Power poster

Exams tomorrow.

Post by Lithium_joe »

Good luck to me. :grin:

And good luck to anyone else out there sitting their exams at this time!
Philip
Power poster

Post by Philip »

Good luck for anyone who gots exam coming up, or have already done some exams.
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Does anyone else find they write endless ammounts of crap, when they are in exams in the hope that something will be right and gain some marks????
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
eoakley
Regular Poster

Post by eoakley »

Hi all
Had my first of 2 exams today think i did fine on half of it the first question was quite well prepared for, however by the time i got to the second part of it I had got my self a bit distracted and also forgotten some of the information relating to the question. I was also starting to get mad at the computer as the keys would not press properly and the mouse would not move properly, this is probably becasue the computers used for exams are very old and worn out.
I have another exam on wedensday just hoping that this one will be ok
I am going to spend all day tomorrow revising

Also good luck to everyone else taking exams at the moment.

Emma
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

Well, I think that went okay. :whistle: *phew*

I counted up my marks (and awarded my self full marks for the ones I think I've got right) and on that basis I reckon I've scored somewhere in the region of 70% on one exam and 50% on the other. That's by my estimation a B and a C/D - so probably averagign at a C. :grin:

The second paper was harder going than the first (I think mostly the 'lag effect') and my memory for formulas and solutions began to desert me towards the end. (Arithmetic series anyone???) so I was happy with the answers I gave, satisfied I tried the ones I could and convinced the ones I abandoned I'd exhausted all effort to try and solve.

Now I've a fortnight to revise for the statistics exam.
At least I've only got one of those. :-k

Oh before I forget, the extra 25 minutes WERE A GODSEND! :banana:

I'm so glad I got assessed for dyspraxia before this and asked for the extra time, it really enabled me to get to grips with some of the questions and I think helped me get as much done in the time as I did.
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

I never really got why we have extra time. When I was first assessed it was in proportion to the difference between my type and write speeds (because lord knows that my writing was never going to pass me a basic spelling test, let alone anything at a uni) but now I type faster so I'm not sure what it's for :S

Congrats on people passing exams they've done so far and good luck to everyone who's gone some left :D

I leave you with the tale that one student (allegedally) spun in an attempt to get out of his exams - take comfort in that your plan can't be as daft as this guys:

"Hey, yeah, the Gambian SS is after me. I don't think I should sit the exam on Wednesday. I mean, I'd be okay with getting shot, but what if they kicked down the door and started spraying at all of the students? It wouldn't be fair to my fellow classmates who might get killed in the crossfire. So can I sit my exams later?"