Immaturity

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

poodlelover81
Getting settled in

Immaturity

Post by poodlelover81 »

Hi there,
I'm not sure which category this falls into. I just noticed how immature I am compared to others of the same age. I went to college, but only went to explore my sexuality & if I might be bi( as I wasn't out yet in high school). I graduated 1 year and a half ago, and I can barely remember an assignment I did. Perhaps I could never find the alcohol-life balance that many did. And now I'm looking at my American student loans with no idea what job I might do to pay them back. I graduated in communications if that helps. Anyone feel they are immature or childish when it comes to doing real-world things? How can I figure out what job I might be in? Because right now it feeels as if the weight of the world is on my shoulders.
Ram
Power poster

Re: Immaturity

Post by Ram »

poodlelover81 said:
I'm not sure which category this falls into. I just noticed how immature I am compared to others of the same age. I went to college, but only went to explore my sexuality & if I might be bi( as I wasn't out yet in high school). I graduated 1 year and a half ago, and I can barely remember an assignment I did. Perhaps I could never find the alcohol-life balance that many did. And now I'm looking at my American student loans with no idea what job I might do to pay them back. I graduated in communications if that helps. Anyone feel they are immature or childish when it comes to doing real-world things? How can I figure out what job I might be in? Because right now it feeels as if the weight of the world is on my shoulders.
From my perespective as a 50 something male, you don't sound particularly immature for someone who is only in her mid 20s. Quite franky, when I'd finished college, I couldn't remember much in the way of assignments I'd done a few months previously. And virtually all of my class mates were in the same boat. So you needn't feel ashamed that you're like this.

I also don't remember many people having a good alcohol work balance as students. Heck, even some of my current colleagues who are in their 40s and 50s don't have that! So you have nothing to apologise for on that front!

It sounds as if you're trying to sort your life out and are taking a good look at yourself. In doing so, you're probably being a bit hard on yourself. But the fact you're trying to sort your life out shows you are neither immature nor childish.
skyebison
Getting settled in

Re: Immaturity

Post by skyebison »

[redacted]