Stimulants

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

roxy176
Getting settled in

Stimulants

Postby roxy176 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi,

I am currently doing a masters degree after scraping through an undergraduate degree (Attempted three different times before I eventually managed to finish something) I am studying counselling which is more experiential so it suits my abilities. However there is still a lot of reading and essay wrtiting to do and I am becoming very overwhelmed with it all and trying to keep track of that and a job. I am waiting to get an official diagnosis but I am wondering if anyone uses stimulants to help them concentrate with their dyspraxia? I read up on modafinil which seems to help with concentration but I dont want to waste money if it doesnt work and as you cant get it easily in the uk not sure where the best place to get it is.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Stimulants

Postby Tom fod » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:00 pm

If your GP is prepared to prescribe it for you then great. Otherwise please be aware than non-prescription sale in the UK is an offence and any offshore supplier may not provide you with a safe or even the actual product you think you're getting.

Please read the site FAQs
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2 specifically the point about not discussing anything that could be considered to be against the law
Last edited by Tom fod on Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)

morgank82
Regular Poster

Re: Stimulants

Postby morgank82 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:50 am

There is a supplement called gaba that is all natural and we have it in are body as well already. It's to help the nurons spark with the Niro transmitters to connect better. It's over the counter also, so I don't need a perscribtion. It makes u feel relaxed on ease as well. It seems to work for me.

Return to “Studying”