High volume of output in limited time?

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

OneClumsyDragon
Getting settled in

High volume of output in limited time?

Post by OneClumsyDragon »

For my exams, I have use of a laptop and dictation software. However, I still find it incredibly hard to get enough written, whether it's because I've run out of time or energy. (I also have a tendency to procrastinate.) This has been a problem for approx. 6 years, but I still don't know how to fix it.
Has anyone else had problems like this? Does anyone know what I can do about it?
All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: High volume of output in limited time?

Post by Tom fod »

Hi

One possible solution is to set up reminders and have goals to have a certain amount done each week so that you're not pulling an all-nighter or having to request extensions. This level of organisation is not always our strongpoint and one can find that the planning is taking as much time if not more time than the piece of work to be produced so one has to find a balance.

There is plenty of stuff out there but you need to find a system that works for you personally and be strict with yourself but not too harsh. Ithink the above is most applicable to course work assignments. Exams are different again as you're in the room for as long as the time allows. It's probably is worth spending a short time making sure you appreciate what's being asked and jotting down some key points and/or underlining/highlighting words in the question before launching into the first paragraph.

Sorry It's been a long time since I've had to write an essay or take any sort of exam. I hope someone else here can offer some other possible strategies.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)