Writing to time in exams

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

MN95
New member - welcome them!

Writing to time in exams

Post by MN95 »

Hi!

I was just wondering whether any of you had any tips on writing faster in exams. I find it so
frustrating that I don't seem to be able to write fast enough when I have worked hard to learn the
course content. I get extra time as it is so I don't know what else to do. Have any of you found the same?
I feel that my timing has got worse since I have gone to Uni.

MN
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Re: Writing to time in exams

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Yeah I tended to have the same issue so I went to the uni disability support unit and asked what else could be done and they allowed me type my answers on a PC which helped a lot, plus no more horrible hand cramps it may be worth asking if its possible ?

Also just tried to use good exam technique i.e. read through all the questions first note the number of points for each question and try to limit myself based on what the questions were worth, I've always been pretty terrible for trying to write to much.
Willr0490
Power poster

Post by Willr0490 »

When I was at Uni I managed to negotiate extra time in exams, which definitely helped.
MN95
New member - welcome them!

Post by MN95 »

Thanks for your replies. I will definitely try your suggestions. I think if I perhaps try typing instead of writing in my exams I may have more success next year. Thanks again.