cuts to DSA affecting dysraxics, dyslexics, AD(H)D people

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

ALADDIN
Power poster

cuts to DSA affecting dysraxics, dyslexics, AD(H)D people

Post by ALADDIN »

http://www.theguardian.com/higher-educa ... mentpage=1

Concerns do not end here. Proposed changes to DSA funding may fundamentally redefine disability in higher education. Students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs), such as dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADD/ADHD, have been singled out for the largest cuts, and there is a real danger that their needs become invisible.

The Tory party really are the nasty party , discriminating against the type of disability.
pouvik
Regular Poster

Re: cuts to DSA affecting dysraxics, dyslexics, AD(H)D peopl

Post by pouvik »

this is why I am voting YES in September as the cuts coming from Westminster are disgraceful!

I found the DSA form and Notes provided more confusing than my actual assesments!
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Pouvik

We might want to deport that lot from Westminster so make sure your borders are more secure than ours (according to the Daily Mail etc) 8-)

I must admit I'm cynical about the lot of them, whatever party the represent!

Cutting the DSA will mean people struggle to attain or worse completely miss out on the extra advantage a good education can provide.

I've forwarded link to Dyspraxia Foundation in case they've by some chance missed it.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
pouvik
Regular Poster

Post by pouvik »

Nah you guys can keep them, we dont want them!