Online Study

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

pouvik
Regular Poster

Online Study

Post by pouvik »

See I have read a few topics in this section about DSA, Lectures etc, but my question is wee bit dif.

Has anyone here completed a degree which is purley online study?

My uni course is Full Time, online, its a recognised course, I can study anywhere aslong as i have internet, for example in 2 months I will be visiting friends in Greece and will still be in classes. I have the "stickers" but not easy to use for online courses, everything is on computer. This study is good as I hate being in classes with people make me feel uneasy, and of course i am not confined to a hard chair being uncomfortable. While sounds good alot of self control is needed, to meet deadlines for assignments etc.

I am lucky that my lecturers are aware of my issues, and my PAT is very active in making sure I am up to date. But has anyone else completed such a course? Closer I get to my 4th year the more worried I get about my dissetation? any advice on this?
Gekon
New member - welcome them!

Re: Online Study

Post by Gekon »

Is it works?
mmayat

Post by mmayat »

I did the course with trainskills, pass two of the module, couldn't pass the third exam, after couple of try and failing I quit

I also don't know if employer would count this as credible qualification
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

It really depends what Trainskills is and how relevant it is to any job you might be applying for. I suspect most people would say leave it off a CV as it was not completed and therefore might be viewed by an employer as something to count against you.

However if you can demonstrate you learned something from it that you could draw upon it somehow as a positive example in an interview you just might be able to make it work to your advantage. You know more about it than us but it's a tricky thing.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
addseo1118

Post by addseo1118 »

Thanks for your information.
Thanks for sharing here. :grin:
Davidjohnson789

Post by Davidjohnson789 »

For modern culture studying online is easy that is the way you can study at home . it will helping all education related problems.
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

I haven't taken it up to to degree level for that is beyond my current purse and motivation.

But I have complete a couple of online diplomas to bolster my CV and validate skills for my chosen career.

I found online learning vastly easier than traditional classroom based learning. With an online course you schedule and form the environment completely around yourself to suit your own style of learning.

I always found classroom environments difficult, due to noise, crowd, and the difficulty of writing notes whilst having to listen to the teacher at the same time, or never having enough time to copy of the board.
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle: