Uni

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

kylie78
New member - welcome them!

Uni

Post by kylie78 »

I'm so glad I found this forum!
I'm 35, was diagnosed when I was 9yrs old and have just started uni for the first time. I'm wondering if I should tell my tutors that I have dyspraxia? Will they be able to help much?
I'm so overwhelmed already and it's only the second week.
What sort of things would you ask for?
Thanks
Willr0490
Power poster

Re: Uni

Post by Willr0490 »

Your university should have a support department on its campus. They will organise support for you - I had support when I was at university (until finishing 3 years ago).
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Yeah go ask for some help every uni will have a support team, you'll probably be able to get a disability support tutor to help with things like report writing and organisation of dead lines and maybe even some time dispensation.
My Uni was really good with this and once they knew they bent over backwards to help.
rohan
Getting settled in

Post by rohan »

Hey Kylie,

I hear you. Starting a part time masters and got the same feeling (got my undergraduate on the third attempt).

Got a personal assesment and development module which I've got into - looking at skills gaps, etc. Aged 31, diagnosed at 18 months and I still know so little about it. I find this forum is great if you have the time to look into it.

I am working at collating some techniques and will look to post my essay on here with the spreadsheet.

Hope it (gets there) and helps.

Rohan
rohan
Getting settled in

Post by rohan »

Hey Kylie,

I hear you. Starting a part time masters and got the same feeling (got my undergraduate on the third attempt).

Got a personal assesment and development module which I've got into - looking at skills gaps, etc. Aged 31, diagnosed at 18 months and I still know so little about it. I find this forum is great if you have the time to look into it.

I am working at collating some techniques and will look to post my essay on here with the spreadsheet.

Hope it (gets there) and helps.

Rohan