Does anyone use dragon naturally speaking 9???

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Liz944
Super poster

Does anyone use dragon naturally speaking 9???

Post by Liz944 »

Help!!!

Does anyone on the board use dragon naturally speaking 9? If you do could I ask you a few questions? I have just got the software and I am having problems... not sure if its something I am doing wrong or the computer playing up... keep getting compatibility errors.

Thanks...
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Due to the great range of PC specifications, if you're encountering compatibility problems it could well be due to one part of your PC's hardware or even software.

A good starting point is to google the error you're encountering to see if others also report it. If this doesn't bring anything up, see if the software publisher has a forum for the software for users which often mention troubleshooting issues, otherwise contact the software publisher directly and detail the errors you're encountering and your PC's spec in detail.

Hope this helps a bit.

Dan.
GiantHam
Getting settled in

Post by GiantHam »

I just got it and was gettingr ready to try it out. But found out me computer doesnot process fast enough. So I am going to have to return It and get another kind. But I heard it was great.
How can I tell that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensation and my state of mind?
Douglas Adams
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Thanks fo the tips.... I have tried nuiance and checked on the web... downloaded the service pack which should have fixed the problem - still with no joy... thinking maybe some of the software on my laptop may be the problem...

I will bear with it as I badly need to use this software... the thought of having to have surgery on my wrist is a real motivator....
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

What sort of problems are you encountering with the software? Perhaps we can have a go at troubleshooting.
GiantHam
Getting settled in

Post by GiantHam »

ITs just my computer is to slow for the program to work. Even though I have windows XP i am smallest amount of processing power right now. I am goin to upgrade it the minute I get some money together
How can I tell that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensation and my state of mind?
Douglas Adams
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Sorry I was referring to the Liz944's original post as she had compatibility issues.
jme
Regular Poster

Post by jme »

I bought a copy quite a few years ago now. but it was the biggest waist of time and money. it eventually found a home in the garbage bin.

i didnt have compatability problems. it just sucked big time. I spent countless hours training it and it still was really bad. however, i didnt get it because i couldnt type. it just sounded like a good idea. :-k i also think it slowed my computer down a lot.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

"Normal refers to someone who hasn’t had enough tests!"
rah
Power poster

Post by rah »

what's this program for? i've never heard of it.
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I had a quick look on the website and as far as I can gather you speak to the computer rather than typing.
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Sorry for the very late reply... few fustrating days with the laptop...

Think I may have found two of the problems.... my HP printer software and my phone software... the phone I can do without but not the printer... I will try the software without both installed and see what happens...
Miss Jayney
Getting settled in

Post by Miss Jayney »

i had a copy given to me during university... i never really used it - except when i was procrastinating from disseratation work when i decided to try programming the damned thing...

reading my cmputer (and havng it be able to speak back t me due to another program) 2001 a space oddessey was more than a bit unnerving... i didn't think it needed any more ideas :)

i've heardit can be of use - but you need to be pateient and actually sit down and get it working - i am utterly lacking in patience so have never really used it.