exam on tues

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Lumic
Power poster

exam on tues

Post by Lumic »

i have exam on tues 23rd :*( - enviromental studies - i need at least 65% and thats the min i can get to gt my place at uni [-o<
my aviator reminds me not to do what i always do
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Good Luck!
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

Ditto!
I have an exam on Monday.... the little c**t, i mean DARLING CHILD next door is screaming its ugly little ned face off, so im not sleeping and have a day of revsion 2m- oh sorry, i mean learning..... ill need a ****ing miracle to pass this..... ANYWAY, positive thinking and all that *grumbles*
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

good luck both with your exams, don't think about numbers unless you are doing numeracy!!!!

otherwise you might do worse, just give it your best shot! and panic after!! as you miss the can that you were aiming for, and now it is going to get you!!

hope everything does work out for you both, and get the grades.

Mike
robyn

Post by robyn »

good luck guys
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

i've just finished my exams. i had 5. most of them the revision only started either the night before, or 5am the morning of the exam though so i'm not sure how i've done. hopefully ok though. althouh during the last exam i accidentally left an hour early. and s hadnt finished the paper.

yes i know that sounds silly but when i looke at my watch it said 1:05. i checked a couple of times and it said the same thing. the exam was due to end at 1:08 so i just gave up on finishing the paper and left. however when i got home, my friend (who should have returned at least 35 minutes befoe me) still wasnt back. i checked my watch again and it said 12:10. I'm assuming i must of read it wrong the times i checked it or something. grrrr. i was a bit irritated after that coz it was an easy paper and had i of finished i could of done really well. (even if i did forget to start revision and had to learn the entire module starting at 4:30 on the morning of the exam).

(my new years resolution was to revise for things earlier - hasnt exactly happened yet, but maybe it will in the summer.)

Good luck for your exam. Lucy
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

soz to hear about that lucy, it is a bit silly they don't have a teacher/lecturer outside the exam room as well! maybe they could have pulled you up, and said there was still an hour to go for the exam!

as it isn't easy being up during the early hours of the morning revising, and then going to do exams of any kind.

just a shame there isn't anything you can really do apart from re-sit it.

Mike
Lumic
Power poster

Post by Lumic »

i am the same the revision begins after this next cup of coffee i will revise all day then tomr am jus b4 exam. i find it tthe easiest way to revise as it sits in my head i can guarentee on tues afternoon or wed i will have no idea about anything i have revised as i would have forgotten it!! ( :-k and i wanna become a doctor :-s )
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

[-o< everything goes great with your exam, if you do, don't worry about the Dyspraxia, as at least you get a medical book if you forget the words to baffle people!!
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

Good luck everyone with your exams!
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

i found that (surprisingly) my concentration appears to be best between about 5am and 9am, and then between about 7pm and 10pm I just couldnt revise during the day for some reason. Maybe it was just the prospect of sitting an exam in a couple of hours later that was motivating me then though! who knows.

I really do intend to be more prepared from now on though O:) (But yes i do say that after every exam when i've only started my revision on that same morning, and its never happened that i've more prepared before.... so it probably wont this time. But still the intention is there! :D)
Daniel
Administrator

Post by Daniel »

I'm a complete night owl and find that I can concentrate and work best late on, often from 11pm onwards, although I try to work during the day as well with mixed success.
Lucy_Rush
Power poster

Post by Lucy_Rush »

how did your exam go? well i hope.
Nicky
Getting settled in

Post by Nicky »

Hope everybody's exams have been going ok. I took one last Tuesday and typed it rather than handwriting it for the 1st time. (1st exam since being diagnosed.) I was in a room with some other people typing and found myself initially very distracted by the sound of other people's typing and blanked on something I'd revised quite well. There were also loads of distracting posters up saying things like "aspire to be more, not to have more" and I just couldn't control my attention, damn lack of single channelled focusing! Has anyone else had these problems with exams? I was ok after I'd got going, typing was a lot quicker and less painful than writing, the extra time was much needed and it was good to not have to cross stuff out or put several asterisks in my work, but I think I'll have to weigh up the benefits of using a computer against my distraction levels before my next set of exams.
Trust those searching for the truth, never those who have found it.
Lumic
Power poster

Post by Lumic »

exam went out will find out next week jus wish everything else was going as well so at the mo i dont care if i failed that exam.