IT qualification revision

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

lwest200
Getting settled in

IT qualification revision

Post by lwest200 »

Hi All,

I'm studying for an IT qualification,(Comptia A+), to help me enter the industry but I can't believe how much there is to learn :Eek:. The exam is 100 multiple choice questions and 90 minutes long. I was wondering if anyone has any memory techniques for dealing with loads of information for exams like this?

Thanks
Luke
Captain_Ludd
Power poster

Re: IT qualification revision

Post by Captain_Ludd »

Hi Luke,

I know it may sound just a little like an off hand comment but I've always found the best way to deal with these kind of exams is not to rely on memory, the best way to pass exams is to know your subject (which I'm sure you do), its all about the big difference between knowing and understanding,

I say this for two reasons first exams are stressful, and memory is affected by stress (I know mine is) where as understanding is more ingrained and tends to stick.

Secondly, if you understand your subject and your asked a question that is slightly "out of left field" you can infer based on what you know where as if you've just memorised answers your shot, I've seen this happen so many times in exams.

Sorry if that's not quite what you wanted to here but hope it helps :) .
lwest200
Getting settled in

Re: IT qualification revision

Post by lwest200 »

Thanks, that's a really good way instead of memorising a huge list :), going to give it a shot today.