need help please

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

beccab
New member - welcome them!

need help please

Post by beccab »

Hi i have just started college I'm doing access to nursing, today we had to write a short story, and my problem is there were so many options it made me stressed,, upset as i felt daft i couldn't grasp a simple task. there was just to many options, does anybody have a way of copibng wit the stress it causes me
thankyou
robert7111a
Getting settled in

Re: need help please

Post by robert7111a »

Hi becca

I'm new to this forum. I'm not quite sure what a short story has to do with nursing but ...oh well... :S

Have you been given an outline...or some sort of framework?

Regards

robert7111a
London
beccab

Post by beccab »

The story was to.determine what help.we needed. i just need to find ways to cope with the stress of not understanding something xx
robert7111a
Getting settled in

Post by robert7111a »

How far are you in your course? Are you finding the whole thing stressful or just this particular task?

Give me some more detail and I'll see if I can help.

Planning is key. If you have a timeframe in which to do this then plan accordingly. Sit quietly and try not to let your mind wander or let any distractions in the way - then try and think about what to do.
beccab

Post by beccab »

It was my first day yesterday. I'm just panicking. about assignments. as my work stucture is all over the place. i think il be given an assignment today. So wen i finish i will contact you. if that's ok x
robert7111a
Getting settled in

Post by robert7111a »

Hi becca

Yes, please let me know how you get on. Hope your day goes well and the assignment isn't difficult. Maybe you can find a "buddy" to sit with and share ideas etc? As it's only your first day, perhaps you are feeling anxious about meeting everyone?

I understand how you feel (as I've been there loads of times) but if you can try and stay focused and draft out what you need to do - (once you know what is expected of you), hopefully you can stay organised.

Sorry if not much help, I'm new to this forum and haven't got used to the flavour and people yet - also I don't like the fact the whole forum post disappears when I post a reply as I forget what I'm replying too.

Good luck for today x ;)

robert7111a
London