Problems with essays and Bibliographies

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

eeepower
New member - welcome them!

Problems with essays and Bibliographies

Post by eeepower »

I posted on here several years ago about essay writing especially if it has an extensive Reference list and you have to format the references with all the punctuation etc?

Now years later I did an Internet search and found my own post.

it's like I have to almost learn the reference setting out all over again each time I write.

This makes it all very hard especially if not feeling well or facing other challenges.

Others with this challenge please!
eeepower
Impossipuzzle
New member - welcome them!

Re: Problems with essays and Bibliographies

Post by Impossipuzzle »

I hate referencing but there are software packages which can do much of the leg work for you.

Your school/college/university might have such software on their computers already (all the computers at Dundee had this dealie called "End Note") and your librarians/IT chaps should be able to talk you through how to use them.

Alternatively there is a free programme called Mendeley which is pretty easy to use (I use it and recommend it :) )

If you would like to write/format the bibliography yourself (or check the one generated by your electronic helper of choice is accurate) then I always found it useful to have another paper/book using the same referencing system as me on hand so I could compare their bibliography with mine.

I hope this helps.