just starting uni...

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

josiejo31
Getting settled in

just starting uni...

Post by josiejo31 »

hey, im just going to uni and i think i do need to get help now but havent applied for any of the finacail help... any idea what sort of thing they migt be able to help me with?
the woman at my uni, the studetn support officer thought i might be able to get help but all the paperwork stuff looked hard and im hoping they will help me when i get there. are lectures a bit more helpful if they know?
eoakley
Regular Poster

Post by eoakley »

Hi my name is emma
I have been at uni for a year i am going to start my second year on the 25th of september

you should start by contacting the disabilities coordinator at your uni found in student services he or she will be able to help you from there
try and do this as soon as possible then so kind of support can be arranged for you

good luck with your studies.
emma
Greg
Power poster

Post by Greg »

Got to agree with Emma here. I was speaking to the support folks before I arrived at the uni, every year since then my initial timetable has listed a seperate room for me where I can do my exams on a computer with no additional hassle/fuss needed from me (and with my handwriting that's a degree-saver)

Speak to them and they'll get you what you need.