Under pressure

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Under pressure

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

I have to be out of the flat by this Friday or else I am homeless and the flat has to be the way it was before I moved in, spotless and tidy as well.

In college I had a tie with my Philosophy and Politics because of they had to be handed in on the same date but only got Philosophy done due to internet problems and lack of political findings so have been working mostly on my politics essay and am half way through the essay.

My exams on Economics and Philosophy are this Monday but I have only being working on my Politics essay and group assignment so far and had to prepare for moving out of my flat and into another flat.

How can I make sure that I pass the Philosophy and Economics essay this Tuesday as well as passing my essay and group assignment in Politics for this Monday???

Btw, at the rate that we were going, there was no way of only focusing on 1 essay and I wasn't clear on the group assignment deadline, our group were late sorting it out because they were clueless and they worked with me on it very little.

In Philosophy I have to write an essay about a philosopher

In Economics I have to answers 4 questions on each section, there are two sections, am expected top know the flow and mathematical side of Economics. It is first year college level.

Monday/Tuesday week I have Sociology and will be expected to pick one issue in the world such as poverty or race to speak about and show how different Sociologist perceive those issues and I may also have to mention Social policy. The other question could be explaining the different theories and giving examples. First year college level.

In my Politics assignment I am expected to identify the problems and come up with solutions for reductions in secondary level education in Ireland and come up with a solution in my Politics essay to the broken electoral system in Ireland. In the assignment my group have not been that helpful and don't communicate with me at all.

Help me please......

Thanks for listening.

WB.......
Amy Conway
BinaryBovine
Getting settled in

Re: Under pressure

Post by BinaryBovine »

:Eek:
Thats a lot on your plate.... so I guess today you're moving out. Not sure where you're moving to or if you have the net but all I can advise is to try get as much done over the weekend as you can for now. And if possible today give one of your lecturers a call and see if you can get extensions on those essays to to extenuating circumstances what with moving and everything. I'm sure you can make a persuasive case to them and they can give you a little breathing time for like a week or so to get yourself sorted and take the pressure off. If you can do that today then over the weekend you can focus on the exams and classes only. As for the group not supporting you much, I suggest either talking to whoever else is taking your subject and seeing if another classmate can help, or potentially trying a student forum online for help and advice on your subjects. Philosophy is a great subject btw- it totally rocks and I approve ;)
Socially awkward penguin
Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Nope I have already been given two extensions on my politics essay and one on the assignment.

No word from my Politics lecture, I emailed him part of my essay and group assignment.

My gran is quite bad now.

Thanks for your support and reply.
Amy Conway
Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

am moving 5 minutes away just but I have to have this flat ship and shape and clean and tidy and empty, by 4pm today.

Sad face.
Amy Conway