Exam worry

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Exam worry

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

"Hey!

I have a History exam tomorrow 15th June 2pm and am worried about failing it.

Have you any tips, advise or comfort talk for me please???

Have you any ideas on how I could and where I could try the exam again in the future if I am strongly disatisfied with the results.........

I am 24 and did my leaving cert in Sligo Ireland Vec. adult Vocational education but I haven't been studying as hard as other peole and have difficult with coming up with ways of obtaining, storing and mantaining the information but I got an A twice in Irish history but have forgot alot of Irish, American and European History.

I also have a History teacher who is expecting me to pass or get a huge grade in the exam because I got an A in the mock test and we only had 3 Irish History mock tests and she would say things like:

I don't think you are reading what I have asked you or gave you to read
learn all American History tonight
learn all European History the next night
learn Irish case studies the next night
learn Irish History the next night
evaluate over everything after that.
There is alot of sheets I have given you which you don't have
you must have lost the ones I have given you
now I expect you to do well in your History and get more than a pass
I don't know why you are reading all those books, you don't need all that information
you did get that sheet because everybody got it
you see when you miss alot of days you miss things
today we are going to do English - 3days in the week when History is supposed to be on and I missed 2 or 3 History days
if other people don't have certain sheets she makes no deal out of it and just get's it photocopied
she asked me where is my history book and told that it wasn't where she was and I found it in the drawer underneath her desk that day when I was the only person in the room.
she says "you need to concentrate, all of things seem to distract you. They don't and the teacher has had friendly chats during study time and others have done it as well.
She said that I have a messy folder etc.

One night destructive criticism from class was enough to put off studying.
she scares me.

I had been reading stuff on the brain, subconsciousness and life so that it would bring me hope and comfort and inspiration to my attitude of exams etc and would expand my brain power like create neural pathways.

The only history book I read was the revision because I wanted to maker sure that I had the notes I need for the exam and I may be able to understand it a bit better than my teachers notes and some notes she gave me were missing.

We are having a group outing after the last exam as well.

I am quite upset

Help.................

O:)

Thank's for listening.

Thank you for listening.
Amy Conway
agsiul
Power poster

Re: Exam worry

Post by agsiul »

Just do your best. That's all you can do. If you are really keen on going to college you could do an access course later. What is it that you want to do? I got sick during my leaving History and Maths paper. Needed to do well in both. Was so sick that I had no idea how I had done. Just remember what's for you won't pass by you. And don't talk to anyone about the exam afterwards to stress yourself out. It will be over so just focus on the next exam.
morrisbryan
New member - welcome them!

Post by morrisbryan »

Exam is not hard but we are make it hard, for you best tips for your exam problem solve. You are prepare online those question is most important, it's best way to pass in exam in last days of exam.
taylorbaynton

Post by taylorbaynton »

Test often to fill too much worry, stress and attention to students. Serious students to participate in their classes each may have a little monster, they have a test, will test whether it is worth half of its level, or only contributed to their evaluation of a small portion of the total. Important to take the test seriously, but not worry too much over any one test, this is a bad idea. Worrying too much is counter-productive and will damage your reservation information, and perform the highest capacity.
DanielClark

Post by DanielClark »

There are a wealth of adjustments to complete the charge to accept if they ruled Alpha College. Your apprenticeship, to manage your time, multitasking and output their own distress. All of these changes, it can be real simple neglect, all the authority you are sensitive to these changes. You keep your apprentice, apprentice how albatrosses and how to generate test of abstract and apprentices.
DavidDavis

for Little Miss Anxious :)

Post by DavidDavis »

A single sheet of paper can not judge your wisdom :)
richmork

Post by richmork »

I have been studying as hard as others and have difficulty coming up with ways of obtaining, storing and maintaining the information but I have a double A in Irish history, but have forgotten much of Irish history, American and European.