Subject choices : so many options.

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Subject choices : so many options.

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

Which course do you think is more me and can I do both of them but at different times? Which should I apply for first and how can I pass the interviews?

I have applied for many plc or fetac level 5 courses in

Music performance and production
Acting and Theatre Performance
Tv and Film Production
University access
Liberal studies in cultural and heritage studies
Liberal arts

Also I would like to explain myself to you because I am not sure which course to take this September and some might accommodation might be expensive or and it might be difficult to get to the courses location.

I have read self help books on confidence, spirituality, personal growth and relationships and I collect Psychology magazines.

I enjoy acting and singing on stage.

I enjoy having intellectual and music conversations and speaking about films.

I am interested in the behaviour of people, why we are here on earth and what will happen when we die and what our purpose in life is, relationships, personal growth etc.

I would like to know more about what happened in the past including what happened before modern world and what our ancestors were like.

I like to write stories, musical lyrics, question life in general and after death, story line of movies, soaps and dramas interest me and so do the acting in movies. I am talented in writing, acting and singing. I have been told that I am a good speaker and have a great mind and knowledge. People have said that they feel very comfortable in my company and that I intrigue them, I light up a dark room and I am good at cheering them up and I make them feel special.

I have a strong desire to know the truth, to find things out myself. I don't like to just follow the crowd. I am a deep thinker and I analyse life, myself and people and situations. I would like to experience what people have discovered from the past which relates to what it was like then and what was around then.

I would also like to find out which theories are accurate and which are false such as evolution, reincarnation, the string theory or that there are multi dimensions which are invisible to people on earth and they are near or outside of earth and God etc.

So if you have any tips for how to pass those above interviews than I would be grateful.

What I like about liberal arts is that the course is broad which would should me because I like variety, it gives knowledge, is an easy going level and it will help me gain access to humanities and arts 3rd level education and it will also prepare me for the expectations of 3rd level education.

The fetac level 5 modules in Cultural studies is Anthropology, archaeology, folklore, human growth and development, computer studies, local history, communications, work experience and social studies.

Thank you very much.

:)
Amy Conway
Millie
Getting settled in

Re: Subject choices : so many options.

Post by Millie »

Wow, kinda jealous- they all look real interesting! And I would say you sound real passionate about what you wanna do- but only you can really know what you like the best. But if you reaally think about why you are passionate about these interests, that will help you in the interview. Also, you come across really well in this post, showing your enthusiasm for the subjects. That would come across even better in an interview. Wish I had done a bit of theatre at uni! Totally love drama, but dropped it after leaving school.

I don't know much about what they would expect from your interview, but if you go in confident about WHY you wanna do the course, what you wanna get out of it and do with your qualification in the future, am sure would really impress them. Totally go for it! And good luck! :-)

Millie
morrisbryan
New member - welcome them!

Post by morrisbryan »

There are many field in education, you have to select subject in that field like in MBA you have to select marketing, finance and HR. That time select very serially because it's effect on your future.
DanielClark

Post by DanielClark »

I am always eager to read a long history and a good story, agreed to the lyrics, in accepting the doctrine of death and after activities, adventure movie with, I absorb the soap and drama, so do not acting in the film. I finished writing, acting and singing. I accept I was told as an acceptable apostles, and received a wealth of apperception and knowledge. To accept that they feel real enough in my wrists together, me, I light the fire of a grant, I accept their good fortune and I finished them feel special.
richmork

Post by richmork »

I am talented in writing, acting and singing. I've been told I am a good speaker and has a great mind and knowledge. People have said that he feels very comfortable in my company and they intrigue, they illuminate a dark room and I'm good at cheering up and make me feel special.