Nursing, dispraxcia, studying and dyslexia

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Aszophia
New member - welcome them!

Nursing, dispraxcia, studying and dyslexia

Post by Aszophia »

Hi,

I been investigating my condition, i just been diagnosed with last year. I am 27 and just completed my 1st year of nursing at uni. and finding it hard to remember things and writing things down. I read a post about nursing from here with some who sounds like a lot of the problems i am experiancing.
I knew things have been wrong for a long while as i really tried a school and failed, but strangly did well at colleage when i stuided animal care..
My first real job i had was an awful experiance.. i had no i dea why i was forgetting things, doing things wrong and reading emails was like russian roulette... either i couldn;t understand them or didn;t read right.. not only that i was being shouted at daily because they and i could not understand why i did these things.. to top everything i was in an abusive relationship..
when i escaped, i met a nice fella thats now become my partner and got a job at the local hospital, i did very well in this job and many people said that i take the next step..
so now i have taken this step.. but feel that my condition could end up doing someone more harm.. if i was left on my own with now what i understand is my condition!
Its become apparent too that my forgetfulness is worrying my partner as i tend to leave taps on and have even
turned the fire on not even noticing its not come on and leaving it to fill the room with gas..

I always wanted to care for either animals or people but scared i will end up doing more harm to them because of the way i am..
is there any dispraxic/dyslexic nursing out there that can help?
Osymandus
Power poster

Re: Nursing, dispraxcia, studying and dyslexia

Post by Osymandus »

I believe there is Pete you out there ? Nurse in Liverpool i think ?
peterkeegan
Regular Poster

Re: Nursing, dispraxcia, studying and dyslexia

Post by peterkeegan »

Just sent an private message.
We the willing, led by the unknowning are attempting to the impossible for the ungrateful.

We have done so much with so little that we are now experts at doing anything with nothing.