Can I get retrospective allowance for A levels?

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

nessmaron
New member - welcome them!

Can I get retrospective allowance for A levels?

Post by nessmaron »

Hi everyone,

I completed my A levels in 2006 amidst (as with my AS's) parents and teachers all completely baffled and asking how I didn't do better. At the time all I could say was I just always ran out of time. Of course when I got diagnosed with dyspraxia in January this year, complete with 34th percentile writing speed, 16th percentile reading speed and 8th percentile (yep, 8th!) processing speed index it all made a lot more sense. I got a 1st in my degree in June, but unfortunately in teaching and am now planning to join what seems from the forum like a long list of dyspraxics giving up on teaching because it is just impossible. Hopefully gonna stick it out til the end of the year in July, but anyway...point is, I'm starting to apply for september jobs/graduate schemes atm but seem to be ruled out of loads of them because my UCAS tariff isn't what it should be...260 from main 3 and really I need 300/320 for most things I want to do. Does anyone know whether it's possible to retrospectively tell the exam boards about the dyspraxia and see if they will change your mark on the basis that if you'd had the extra time you should've had, you would've got a higher mark?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated (sorry for the ramble!)