Complaining on PGCE Sellection interview

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

catwoman
Getting settled in

Complaining on PGCE Sellection interview

Post by catwoman »

Dear all,
I have got a place on the PGCE teaching in Further and Higher education. with the option of starting in september 2006 full time at Bolton Uni, doing it part time at Salford College. or Defering until September 2008 depending on how my business takes off. The hours I do for dyspraxia awarness training would count as teaching hours.

There was a written test inspite of disclosing I was dyspraxic and dyslexic on my application form . I had to write a short assignment on unlined paper, was not offered a computer and had to perch on a bench in a lecture theatre with plenty of distractions and no extra time. So while I was waiting for my turn for the individual interviews I wrote a formal complaint and a list of how a dyspraxic applicants access needs should be met.
the instructions on the question paper even had the cheek to ask 'please write legibly'. So I Explained why in my case this was very difficult under the circumstances.
The Person interviwing me was very pleased because he is an advocate for disabled people and is heavily involved in the disabilty inclusion movement. He has tried to make this part of the interview more accessible but his boss woudnt listen. He says he cant wait to have me on the course. He obuviously needs disabled students to highlight his point so he can give his department a kick up the ass. [-X
Janet.
Janet Taylor
http://www.daa.colsal.org.uk (Greater Manchester Dyspraxia Adult Action)
http://www.dyspraxia-training.co.uk (DIT Business site)
Pooky
Administrator

Post by Pooky »

Congratulations on getting on to your course. :banana:
Ida
New member - welcome them!

In praise

Post by Ida »

Yeah you go and show them that we count to!!! Applause all round!
Ida
New member - welcome them!

In praise

Post by Ida »

Yeah you go and show them that we count too!!! Applause all round!
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Congratulations!
carrie
Getting settled in

Post by carrie »

woohoo go you
NOTHING MAKES LIFE MORE INTERESTING THAN THE WONDERS OF DYSPRAXIA

(*)CARRIE(*)
Greg
Power poster