Choice of career.

Anything to do with studying at University or college, from classes and coursework to classmates and student life

Moderator: Moderator Team

Little Miss Anxious
Power poster

Choice of career.

Post by Little Miss Anxious »

"Help I don't know what career to have. I haven't done the leaving cert or juniour cert ordinary level. I have done fetac level 3 in Maths, Communications, Computer Literacy, Personal Effectiveness, Preparation for work, Home Ecconomics, music and woodwork which I was told is equivalent to a juniour cert. I have no knowledge of any kind of science escept persoanl hygiene and the food pyramid but I would like to learn a bit of science. I don't like the school I want to because it was for people with special needs and the work we did in my last class when I was 18 was 10-12 year olds and I thought to myself I can do better than that. After I left that schoo without any graduation I was advised to start in National Learning Network even though I wanted to do my junior cert or leaving cert in the VEC but I was given no choice because my mum brought me there. I did fetac level 3 in Transition in the following modules: Career Information, Personal Care and presentation and Outdoor pursuits and I am now on a fetac level 5 course in Business adminstration and office skills but I don't want to be a receptionist or secretary and I would like to try the leaving cert ordinary level coz this is equivalent to a leaving cert but it angers me that I am not any where near mainstream level yet. I love english and want to expand my knowledge and skills. I love psychology, listening to peoples problems and giving them my opinion or advise, I love reading about realtionships and am interested in the theory or science or sexual attraction and physical attraction with the opposite sex. I love candles, romantic movies and music or love songs, Drama, bodylanguage, action movies, commedians, comedies and drama programs. I am supposed to get a cert for fetacl level 5 in Payroll, Book keeping, Text production, Info & administration, Communications level 5, and personal inter personal level 3 or level 5. I am very indecisive. I need an outlit. Don't want a job want to go onto further education and I want to meet people coz I have no friends. I am 21 and have just been through break up something which I never wanted. So any suggestions??? please........... wb
Amy Conway
NobodyElseWill
Power poster

Re: Choice of career.

Post by NobodyElseWill »

don't go for entry studies at all they are not for people with dyspraxia. The amount of work the do is like being at pre-school or infants. I worked with the special ed needs (thats my favourite speciaity) and I assumed it would be people with minor difficuties say in reading, writing, maths but i didn't realise it was for people with extremely severe disabilties. But after few of settling and getting to knw the service users and i helped them with everything and even it meant i had help them to toilet or push wheelchairs. Even though I was only known as an observer/work experience student. To me i just mucked in and helped out as much i could. I also admitted to a few of the more able clients that i have a disability too and they were really supportive and enthusastic, it was like i was there fresh air. Even now i see the clients, a few of them have gone on to do great stuff like work for their local council, sainsburys and even some have gone to university.
CertHE (Open) Health and Social Care (2009)
Access to Health and Social Care (2009)
KYJ113 Foundations for Social Work Practice (Pending)
rowangerry
New member - welcome them!

Re: Choice of career.

Post by rowangerry »

For make career first select which field you are interested, than you can select in which degree you are want for the status. Like I want to become business man, so I select commerce than after doing MBA.