Lost in London

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

shelly_sparkles
New member - welcome them!

Lost in London

Post by shelly_sparkles »

Does anyone else find it impossible to get anywhere without drama?
I'm now banned from using public transport to get from London to Cheshire as i've never managed to do it without being rescued from another town very late at night.

I'm 26 and really want to prove that I can do it!!! any tips? #-o

And yes I know its ridiculous to be banned by your parents at this age! ha ha. They worry, bless them. In their defence I did once turn a 15min train ride intro a 6 hour epic journey.
Shelly :)
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Don't worry you are not the only one my 5 minute trips out always take way too long. Though I am on strict instructions to phone home just so someone knows I am safe (I am 34...)

Sorry I don't have any tips.... but would say take advantage of getting lost as you see new places and meet new people...
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

PS

Welcome to the forum!!!
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
Meg
Power poster

Post by Meg »

I go to london quite regularly now as I have friends who live up there but I started out by going to locla places on my own forst and only in October 2006 I went to Wales by myself but I had someone to meet me at the other end!

My advice is to start with somewhere local and build up. I have to text my mum everytime I get to work in the morning (I'm 23!) and its only half an hour away!

Luv Meg
Xxxx
sheppeyescapee
Power poster

Post by sheppeyescapee »

I get lost easily on public transport unless I know where I'm going. I've finally perfected my travel to uni. I once got lost trying to get from lincoln to kent, got on the wrong train and ended up in leeds! whoops!! #-o
Lithium_joe
Power poster

Post by Lithium_joe »

don't be afraid to ask for help.

train stations have a information desk or usually someone milling about in uniform on the platform, approach them anask sweelty if this is the train to so-and-so.

Failing that most commuters don't bite and if you strike up a freindly enough manner will be happy to tell you where to go.

LJ.