Lost control of my car reversing, now I have pay a ton load of paying to repair it.

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

Keepgoingup2
New member - welcome them!

Lost control of my car reversing, now I have pay a ton load of paying to repair it.

Post by Keepgoingup2 »

A few days ago, I went shopping with my family. I parked in a very tight space where there was two cars behind me, as i was leaving I lost complete control of the brake and ended up smashing my car into a lamp, luckily I didnt cause any damage to the two cars parked behind me. I have been driving this car for 8 months now and nothing has happened to me. I recently came back from holiday, and it seems have totally forget to drive bizarrely. A few days before I was driving my car I nearly crashed into someone turning into a side road.

I am very stressed out, as I am not employed and I may need to take a loan to pay for the damage. What should I do?
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Lost control of my car reversing, now I have pay a ton load of paying to repair it.

Post by Tom fod »

Hi

I don't drive myself but can see you're affected and feeling quite shaken by this and this has set you on edge fearing that it will keep happening. I don't know what other contributing factors were to your ding. e.g. partner or children distracting you busy car park. It's annoying but once you've regained you calm and focus there's no reason for you not to enjoy trouble free motoring again.

Depending on the degree of damage and what bearing this has on road worthiness of your vehicle? Are there any elements of the repairs that are non=essential? i.e. are the light fittings number plate and bumper still in an acceptable and roadworthy condition? Do you have the option of having a competent friend/family member effect the repair instead of a garage? Otherwise Make sure you obtain and compare quotes from more than one garage.

Hope this is helpful
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)