Failed another driving test...

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

randlepatrick
New member - welcome them!

Re: Failed another driving test...

Post by randlepatrick »

Don't let yourself get down about it, just keep trying. You'll pass eventually. I know how you feel though, I'll be doing going for my fourth test on the 30th haha. I think the testing in this country is ridiculously strict, I failed last time just because I forgot to turn my left signal off when moving back onto the road after having pulled over, but I guess it's only because they want the roads to be as safe as possible which isn't a bad thing. What did you fail on if you don't mind my asking? I find my biggest problem while driving is concentration; I'm usually fine for about the first ~20 minutes when I'm concentrating on exactly everything that I'm doing, but after that I tend to notice my mind wandering, and that's when I become less aware of what other cars are doing, road signs etc.
Jim
Super poster

Post by Jim »

binaryfinery wrote:One of them was not waiting for a pedestrian to fully leave the zebra crossing before I drove on (he was about nine tenths of the way across). I wasn't aware this was a rule.
It is, obviously it's not generally adhered to because practically no one has the patience to allow people to fully cross the road, but technically a rule it is. It's a bit like the amber at the traffic lights, it means 'stop' but most people think it's ok to ignore it and either treat it more like the green.

You have to keep your wits about you both as a driver and as a pedestrian, because everywhere you look there will be people breaking rules in 'little ways' to save seconds in their schedule but it does increase the risk of commuting.

I wish everyone paid a little more attention whilst out and about and had a little more consideration for each other.

Oh, and good luck with your future tests :)
“When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore” :whistle:
screengreen
Power poster

Post by screengreen »

If its any consolation I took 6 times to pass my test and had the same examiner for the last 2. I put on my form that I was dyslexic ( didn't`) know I was dyspraxic then Don`t know if they would give concessions for dyspraxia..... but I passed back in the day when there were no written tests any keep on keeping on and good luck Gore the next test.