Driving

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kitty
New member - welcome them!

Driving

Post by Kitty »

Hi, Im 38 yrs old and I believe I have dyspraxia although I have never been diagnosed with it. It's only when my son was diagnosed, I realised I have a lot of the symptoms which relate to dyspraxia. I decided not to go for a diagnosis as there is no cure for it and I have coped all my life though it has been a struggle.

However 2 years ago I decided to start learning to drive again this time in an automatic car since learning about dyspraxia. I have come a long way with my driving altho failed one test. I've recently started to get the impression that my instructor has lost faith in me and it's possible he doesn't want to teach me. I may be wrong this is how it appears. I've recently booked another test. I'm just not sure if I'm wasting my time and money learning especially with this instructor and if I will ever pass. Life would be so much easier for me if I could get around by car.

Kitty
Kitty

Re: Driving

Post by Kitty »

Does anyone know if there's any good driving instructor/schools that teach adults with dyspraxia how to drive? I mean I've only failed one test and I feel like my instructor wants to give up on me. Any advice would be appreciated please. My theory test will expire in 6 months. I'm desperate to pass!
pouvik
Regular Poster

Post by pouvik »

where are you about?

Also their is a whole section of advice about driving etc:

http://www.dyspraxicadults.org.uk/forum ... m.php?f=11
Kitty

Post by Kitty »

Hi yes thanks I'm new to this site but will be reading the driving section. Also I'm in west Yorkshire. Might be looking for another instructor.