Freedom Pass London

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

Syndicki
New member - welcome them!

Freedom Pass London

Post by Syndicki »

I recently heard that I qualify for a freedom pass as I have dyspraxia. Is this true? Are there other things I qualify for? I work full time etc, and was surprised to hear this.

Thanks
Tom fod
Administrator

Re: Freedom Pass London

Post by Tom fod »

According to http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/servic ... edpass.htm

Your Borough are the people to speak to about whether you might be eligible.

While it does not specifically say dyspraxia, if you feel you honestly fall within any of the categories they list you might at least want to try as I guess you could make quite a saving.

1) People who are blind or partially sighted
2) People who are profoundly or severely deaf
3) People without speech
4) People who have a disability, or have suffered an injury, which has left them with a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to walk
5) People who do not have arms or have a long-term loss of the use of both arms
6) People who have a learning disability that is defined as 'a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning'
7) People who, if they applied for the grant of a licence to drive a motor vehicle under Part III of the Road Traffic Act 1988, would have their application refused pursuant to section 92 of the Act (physical fitness) otherwise than on the ground of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol.

Hope this helps.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)
dyspraxicyoungperson
Getting settled in

Post by dyspraxicyoungperson »

ah I'm so glad this was asked!
I used to live in London but moved home due to being a graduate and running low on cash, therefore I never actually found out! But I will be doing some investigating, and will let you know how this goes.
dyspraxicyoungperson
Getting settled in

Post by dyspraxicyoungperson »

is it correct that you need to be living in London in order to get a freedom pass?
Tom fod
Administrator

Post by Tom fod »

Yes. It's a scheme for those who live in London.
Tom
Moderator/Administrator

With a foot full of bullets I tried to run faster but I just hobbled on to the next disaster.
(from Peter and the Test Tube Babies, Foot Full of Bullets)