Can dyspraxic people drive manual cars

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

lubellasquee
Getting settled in

Re: Can dyspraxic people drive manual cars

Post by lubellasquee » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:48 pm

I’m not massively sure but I’m giving it a darn good go! But I don’t think it’s impossible it would just take longer

Jelly
New member - welcome them!

Post by Jelly » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:52 pm

I passed my driving test (in a manual) in October last year. It took me longer to get around to passing my test than many people as I was happy on public transport and until then had always lived with good access to reasonable public transport service(s). I still don't "love" driving and would really prefer to be a passenger in a car but I drive most days even if I'm not quite ready to have the radio on as it distracts me too much and I have decided against getting the hands free kit for my phone.

I got a moped for a while before passing my test... that didn't work out so well. It did give a great perspective from a bikers point of view and now I'm probably a more considerate road user because of this experience.

As lots of other people have already said everyone's capabilities are individual.

Good luck!

Wish90
Getting settled in

Post by Wish90 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:32 pm

I can't but I'm sure others can!! Try your best Driver and good luck

Ben A
New member - welcome them!

Post by Ben A » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:05 pm

I've never had a problem with driving, passed my driving test (manual) first time after not that many lessons, and drove buses, bendy buses and 40ft coaches with trailers for a well known bus operator for nearly 10 years and passed my bus test first time... albeit I did take out a couple of sides of buses with walls and railings during that time! :grin: