Driving test

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

calumfsinclair
Regular Poster

Driving test

Post by calumfsinclair »

I just did my driving test and after fifteen months of lessons, I passed first time!!! It's quite weird driving by oneself though… :D Driver :banana:
Sticks and stones will break your bones, but more often if your dyspraxic!!!
Shadwell

Re: Driving test

Post by Shadwell »

Well done calumfsinclair :banana: :banana: a driver at last, hope the insurance isn't too much of an issue. take a bit of getting used to taken me quite a while to come to terms with it, I found my freedom after passing my test, but only done the odd mile or something by myself the rest of the time I was with friends.

nows the time to give the sat nav problems to keep up with wrong turns!! I don't really bother until I really have to, as she tells me way too late for lane changes, junctions, etc. so I only get it out ocassionally. as gives me a headache hearing her recalcuting!!! ;) :D
calumfsinclair
Regular Poster

Re: Driving test

Post by calumfsinclair »

I've got a sat nav, but I tend to pointing the general direction and hope for the best!! I always wear my watch on my left wrist, but I forget my watch today, oops…
I've driven about twenty miles by myself so far, but that's only if I have to. The rest of the time is with a passenger. It helps to have someone who knows where they are going!! Getting lost is embarrassing… :-({|=
The hardest part for me though is judging gaps and speed of incoming vehicles, has caused one or two close shaves, and that was with an instructor!! Also knowing where the gear stick is without looking, proprioception…
Sticks and stones will break your bones, but more often if your dyspraxic!!!