Channel 5 programme last night

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

nickye
Power poster

Channel 5 programme last night

Post by nickye »

Did anyone see the Dangerous Drivers programme on Channel 5 last night? I'm afraid I really related to the guy who hated driving on motorways, he got in a real panic joining on the slip road and feeling hemmed in by lorries. In a way it made me feel better because that's how I feel. I used to travel on motorways and even on the A3 up to London (!) but for several years now I've avoided them at all costs. The trouble is that I find it hard to judge when to join the motorway. I don't so much mind the actual motorway driving once we're going along, but I have a real fear of slip roads.

If it was just a case of avoiding motorways it wouldn't be so bad, but especially where I live near Bracknell in Berkshire, the roads are quite busy generally and often you have to change lanes, join slip roads on A roads etc. I want to get more confidence, and not just avoid things all together. It is starting to feel restricting as I avoid going to certian places, or I go such a long way round that it takes me ages going the scenic route to avoid slip roads etc!

Does anyone have any advice on this?
Thanks.
Nicky