The world has been scarred!

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

calumfsinclair
Regular Poster

The world has been scarred!

Post by calumfsinclair »

I'm just back from my first driving lesson, it's quite a tiring experience! I made one person swerve almost drove into 3 signs when the instructor said move away, I thought he meant the oncoming traffic! I also mounted the kerb doing a manoeuvre I've done loads in car park, I have done some practice before for my confidence. The instructor said at the end though it was good for a first time and I should be a good driver with practice!!
Sticks and stones will break your bones, but more often if your dyspraxic!!!
WTCCFan
Regular Poster

Re: The world has been scarred!

Post by WTCCFan »

calumfsinclair wrote:I'm just back from my first driving lesson, it's quite a tiring experience! I made one person swerve almost drove into 3 signs when the instructor said move away, I thought he meant the oncoming traffic! I also mounted the kerb doing a manoeuvre I've done loads in car park, I have done some practice before for my confidence. The instructor said at the end though it was good for a first time and I should be a good driver with practice!!
Where you flustered at any point? I began my lessons like that. I felt my heart race at breakneck speed. It got better. And I am sure it will get better for you. Just calm yourself and take it easy. Enjoy the experience.

I passed my test way back in 2010 so I have been driving for about 2 years now.
calumfsinclair
Regular Poster

Re: The world has been scarred!

Post by calumfsinclair »

My instructor has dual controls and heis very understanding. I've just got my car and things are progressing well!
Sticks and stones will break your bones, but more often if your dyspraxic!!!