theory test

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

hannah bear
New member - welcome them!

theory test

Post by hannah bear »

hi iv done a mock theory test and didnt understand alot of questions and was woundring if any one has done there theory test if so did you get help what help was avalible to you really want to know as my driving insructor wants me to do my theory asap but is stuck on what help i can get
Shadwell

Re: theory test

Post by Shadwell »

as for theory test, then you could possibly ask for extra time, and take a break for 5 minutes during the questions section, but apart from that then there isn't much help. but with my LGV theory 4 years ago I just found it better to do the questions I knew straight off, and then go back to the harder questions later in the test,

but I found it tough going, as I didn't ask for extra time. but as far as the videos go then you get like 5 - 10 seconds between each video. so that can be a bit of a problem with concerntration. but use the time between the questions and the video's for a break, I was kind of silly and only had a 5 minute break, and then went on to the hazard perception part of the test, as I wanted to get out as soon as possible. even though I knew I flew through most of the questions and it turned out that I only got 1 question wrong which I was thinking 2 or 3 wrong, which was still a pass.

try getting videos off web-sites which include driving incidents, and see if you can see the things happening, or you can get a dvd or software to help you with that. as for the questions in the theory then knowing quite a lot of the rules that apply to cars is a must.

but you will also possibly find that the questions might be worded differently, but still mean the same thing. so don't rely on knowing a specific question that will come up on the test, as they might word it differently to how you remember it, this is to make you really think of the answer.
j66p

Post by j66p »

Hi Hannah if you ring the special needs team at the DSA(driving standaeds agency) they will be able to advise of any concessions relating to dyspraxia and theory test and also appropriate cd, books. i'll try to dig out the number
hannah bear

Post by hannah bear »

thank u both that is big help to me i will tell my driving instructor am sure she will have the number thank u again so much i hope i pass as i really do love driving x
Hannah17kirby

Post by Hannah17kirby »

I took my theory nearly a year ago, I did do a lot of preparation for it and even downloaded the official test on to my own computer threw the DVLA I found that going threw the questions repeatedly really helped and if you get the questions wrong it shows you the right answer and why. Which really helped ths is the website I got it off

http://www.tsoshop.co.uk/bookstore.asp? ... KID=003755

I did the download of apps. I found as the mini quiz was only 5mins each it was quick and I felt like I was making progress:)
emmaemma31

Post by emmaemma31 »

hi there... believe me, i'm going through a simular situation myself, ive taken my theory test twice and failed. im finding the hazard perception so difficult as im not getting the timing right or i lose concentration. the actual questions am not too bad with. it can be so hard as my brother and sister passed 1st time on their theory tests :boxedin: i wont be giving up though, just hope i dont end up spending too much money Driver
WTCCFan
Regular Poster

Post by WTCCFan »

emmaemma31 wrote:hi there... believe me, i'm going through a simular situation myself, ive taken my theory test twice and failed. im finding the hazard perception so difficult as im not getting the timing right or i lose concentration. the actual questions am not too bad with. it can be so hard as my brother and sister passed 1st time on their theory tests :boxedin: i wont be giving up though, just hope i dont end up spending too much money Driver
Good for you. That's the spirit. I am encouraged by your positive outlook.

I have been driving for 2 years now.

Now, I actually found the Hazard Perception the easiest. I used the BSM Theory Test book and Theory Interactive DVD-ROM which includes practice in the Hazard Perception (I still have it). The first time I did the Hazard Perception and Theory combined test I passed well enough the Hazard Perception but was just short of passing the Theory by one or two questions. I was that close to passing. I had to resit. The second time I passed both. I was understandably elated.