Funny Failures

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ruth
Power poster

Funny Failures

Post by Ruth »

My first driving test I failed cos I nearly crashed, the instructor had to grab the wheel!

My second driving test I accidentaly drove into a bush.

My third driving test I failed for speeding!!!

My fourth driving test I failed because my parrallel park ended up on the pavement.- not so funny I know.

And then I passed. Anyone else got any funny fail stories? my favourite is the speeding one.
Tortoise
Getting settled in

Post by Tortoise »

DOH!! #-o I just replied to this and then lost it 'cause i wasnt loged in or somfink?? arggg

...anyway, I was SAYING that i don't really have any funny failures that i can think of right now...

but it was really really scary in the beginning when i used to confuse the accelerator for the break... but common mistake right 8-[ and when someone tells me to turn left and i turn right.. then i cant see what the problem is when they get all confused!.. but common mistake.

Nah, I'm the one driving along with my indicator still ticking, the high beam on and my hand break still on. And I sit there quite happily wondering why everyone elses lights aren't as bright as mine :-k ... and why the car sounds like its struggling to move and about to conk out :-k and why everyone keeps honking me :-k . I keep knocking things out of place (so thats how the high beam goes on) and I keep forgeting to take the hand break off. It takes me ages to figure it out!... and I have a tendency to bump other peoples mirrors when i walk past... soz (but its all normal right?)
Snjstar
Regular Poster

Post by Snjstar »

One test a police car with sirens went by near the beginning and knocked my concentration.
Ruth
Power poster

Post by Ruth »

Were they chasing you? \:D/ Can we do a poll to find out how many tests it took to pass. I would but I don't know how, can someone do it?
Snjstar
Regular Poster

Post by Snjstar »

NO they were not, the car was going in the opposite direction.
fuzzy
Power poster

Post by fuzzy »

HAHAHA Ruth I like the bush one the best; classic!! Tortiose- i did stuff like that all the time- i was always mistaking the break for the accelorator and almost knocking down little old dears...............
Goodbye, and have a pleasant tommorrow!!
I swear to drunk im not God.....
Liz944
Super poster

Two/three tests!

Post by Liz944 »

Test 1:

Had my driving test near my school (with the head examiner). Up until my test the road had no yellow double lines... on the day of my test pulled up to a junction with as I thought of parked cars and tried to turn right. Examiner did an emergency stop as was on wrong side of road with a que of cars on my left. Found out had painted double yellow lines to stop parking!!!

Test 2:
Cancelled due to heavy snow - could not see curb to reverse around!

Test 3:
With the wife of the head examiner (this time!!!). Got asked to stop of Z-bend! Which I was not happy with and ignored and stopped after the bend. Did not want a repeat of the first test!!! But did pass!!!
Jenschnifer
New member - welcome them!

Post by Jenschnifer »

My friend (no learning probs) was taking her first test and she was really nervous. The examiner asked her to go through the roundabout then take a left so my friend drove right over the round about, turned sharply to the left and ended up hitting a cow in the field, needless to say she failed.

i wish i could take lessons, they sound fun lol.
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

my first driving test was the only one soz! but it was in my driving instructors car, as he left the driving school 2 weeks before my driving test.

then I done my 17 tonne wagon (35 foot long) driving test.

1st failed by:

1) parking in the middle of the road, as there wasn't enough road to get passed the parked car!

2) speeding after going around a round-about

3) approaching another round-about too fast, and had to brake harshly, as there was a car going around infront of me.

2nd I failed for:

1) changing from 4th to 3rd instead of 5th! as the gearstick slipped!

2) not going when the green filter light was green!

3) I will have to leave out as I can't remember at the moment!

and looking to get the 3rd test done right!!!