stupid driving tests!

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

regretsandromance
Getting settled in

stupid driving tests!

Post by regretsandromance »

hi all, this is something that frustrates me daily because for as long as i have been able to speak ive been a car guy, (i currently own five!) but i cant pass my test! i have no problem with the manual transmission, its roundabouts, lanes and that sort of thing, ive had at least thirty lessons but i just cant get the hang of it! its like my mind gets jumbled and i cant concentrate and the stess only makes it worse, the worst part is in my town when you leave the test centre the first thing you come to is a roundabout! does anyone have any tips as the stress only makes me worse ha
Osymandus
Power poster

Re: stupid driving tests!

Post by Osymandus »

Well took me 2 1/2 years and 5 test , so patients , perseverance , and a bit of luck (i.e getting a good examiner ;))
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/roa ... raxia.html

the main aim is to make the movements of driving second nature , then your not thinking about driving , in that you can concentrate on what happens at roundabouts (amusingly i failed my first test on that s well ;))

Also let your examiner know and talk about how you maybe can try different techniques (to be hoinest i passed in teh end by driving 30 miles away and doing it at another test centre ) .
regretsandromance
Getting settled in

Post by regretsandromance »

thanks for the advice :D im going to get a different instructor for my next test too, my last one was a really nice guy but he was far too easy on me haha the new one has a 98% pass rate and has been teaching for 30 years! im gonna try not to ruin her excellent figures [-o<
agsiul
Power poster

Post by agsiul »

Couldn't believe it when you were panicking after 30 lessons. I'm the same as the other poster. I did at least 2 years lessons. I'd agree just keep practicing and make it second nature and take your time. Definately the instructor you have is hugely important
Catwoman42
Power poster

Post by Catwoman42 »

I was undiagnosed when I learned to drive. My instructor used to lose the rag with me as I would be able to do something one week, but not the next. He literally used to bang his hand on the steering wheel!i passed 4th time, but only because the instructor told me which route we would take after I told him iot was making me nervous trying to anticipate. My teacher was so pleased he bought me champagne. I haven't driven since (never earned enought o run a car) but i live on a busy road with a fab bus service. persevere.
Kenrik
New member - welcome them!

Post by Kenrik »

In most studies, information display, there are better ways to curb drunk to drive, but still, whether it is feasible, drink-driving checkpoint is still functional. 8, but other countries can accept a high BAC is 0.
phoena
Getting settled in

Post by phoena »

This is what I do when am getting stress, I do deep breathing, inhale exhale and I close my eyes and tell my self that focus.... so that i can minimize my stress and get my test right.