Keep failing my driving tests.. any advice?

Learning to drive, driving, and using public transport

Moderator: Moderator Team

Magic_Lemur
Regular Poster

Re: Keep failing my driving tests.. any advice?

Post by Magic_Lemur »

Well done - four minors is really excellent!

I know you won't, but don't do what I did & let it go to your head - wrote off my first car 3 days after the test.

Slow & steady wins the race, as they say... :)
"But only 1 in 10 survives all danger.
When walking thru the jungle,..
He never fears tigers
as there's no place to sink his claws,...

This is the fulfilled person of the Tao
who has no mortal spot."

Tao Te Ching Verse 50
Liz944
Super poster

Post by Liz944 »

Congratulations!
Drama is life with the dull bits cut out...
LuluJeanne
Getting settled in

Post by LuluJeanne »

Yeah i won't! I'm nervous as hell if i'm honest. I really don't think passing your driving test means the learning stops. Infact i think it just begins!

Anyone done Pass Plus on here? I was considering it, but it's £140! thats too expensive after the ammount of money i've just forked out!

But i'm really unsure about motorways... :Eek: :S
"If at first you don't succeed, try try again"
"Life is a waiting game"
Shadwell

Post by Shadwell »

great to hear that the advice worked for you Lulu. just remember to keep calm while driving, and get loads of practice in, but not to the point insurance, and fuel costs the earth!!

just remember to stay calm while behind the wheel, don't feel in a rush, as that is where accidents happen, and always plan to leave 5 - 10 minutes earlier than any other driver to allow for the time it takes you to drive it.

best of luck with your driving.

I would suggest speaking to your driving instructor about getting a motorway lesson. the only thing different is you won't have the L plates on the car. so you will have to get used to not having that as a safety net, people will expect you to drive near perfect so no stalling.

as for pass plus, then no I don't have it. about the only thing that is plus on my licence is the LGV C class provisional. even though I got to drive an Artic-ulated wagon last year, which the video is on my youtube account.

but as for pass plus, it is more for 17 year olds, or those that are going to drive larger engined cars, as for a simple hatch back, then it won't really reduce your premiums by that much for a couple of years.

I would only suggest it if your paying something close to or over £1,000 for insurance.
Alex
Power poster

Post by Alex »

congrats on passing
Osymandus
Power poster

Post by Osymandus »

2 1/2 years and 5 test's :D but i did it . How by driving 30 miles to a further test centre . And by not thinking of teh action i do .. sounds scary ;) . As we have problems with multi tasking practice untill we can react on a relexive level maybe a way forward (as Bruce Lee says in Enter the dragon don;t think feel). As if you try to consciously react you will be slowed (much like the calms).

I find i cant conciously know distances either but of i dint try to think i also stop in tie and safely (haven driven for 6 years nwo and touch wood no accidents or even slight bumps seem to work ) :D